Cree Process Technician-NY in Marcy, New York
How would you like to be a part of starting up the world’s largest, most state-of-the-art, automotive-qualified SiC wafer fab?
We’re looking for passionate top-performers to join us at our fab facilities in New York as we qualify toolsets and design a 480,000 square-foot fab with over 100,000 square-feet of clean room space. If you want to be a pioneer with one of the most pivotal technologies of our time, Silicon Carbide, then you’re looking in the right place.
This position will be based out of Albany, NY but will relocate to Marcy, NY in 2021/2022.
What can Cree Wolfspeed do for you?
- Optimize your potential in a highly visible role in a $1+ billion company, with great opportunities for career development and progression (ground floor of a $1billion factory) Automated fab
- Work on industry leading technology in a rapidly growing semiconductor products company
- Make a difference at a company committed to making the world a better place with its products and environmentally sustainable business practices
What can you do for Cree Wolfspeed?
- Process sustaining support in an automated semiconductor production environment. This will include, but not be limited to, tool qualifications, process monitoring through SPC, troubleshooting and reacting to process issues, dispositioning material, microscope inspections and many other tasks as requested by the Engineering team.
- Area of concentration could be any of the following: Photolithography, Etch, Metal deposition, Diffusion, Wet Processing, Implantation and backend processing.
- Work collaboratively to achieve quarterly set yield and cycle time goals.
- Work closely with Engineering team to develop and qualify new processes and new tool sets. This will include characterizing, documenting and possibly presenting data based around design of experiments (DOE).
- Report and document process issues and equipment malfunctions. Take corrective action and interact with Process Engineers & Equipment Maintenance to identify and resolve non-conformance process and equipment operations.
- Assist in creating new procedures and refining existing ones.
- Assist in maintaining reticle inventory system.
- Assist Engineering team in any areas as needed with regards to process, test, data, etc.
- Handle material depositions and work to resolve any lot issues that may arise.
What you need for success:
- Associate degree in Electronics Engineer Technology (EET) or Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET). Will also consider a degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent experience within a semiconductor environment.
- Understanding of and ability to handle structured problem solving 5Y and 8Ds
- Ability to conduct multiple tasks.
- MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Experience with automated systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- At least 1 year of semiconductor manufacturing experience.
- Work effectively and take initiative with minimal continuous direct supervision.
- Handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Adaptable in order to handle sudden changes in daily priorities.
- Proficient in reading and understanding technical documents
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cree | Wolfspeed is a powerhouse semiconductor company focused on silicon carbide and GaN technologies.
After more than thirty years of forging new technology adoption and transformation, our Wolfspeed® power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors are leading the industry through unrivaled expertise and capacity.