Alcoa Corporation Electrode Supervisor in Massena, New York
Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
This position is accountable for running the activities of bargaining unit employees in the Anode Assembly, Baked Carbon, Green Mill or Potroom Services (380) depending on primary assignment. The principal challenge is to provide leadership in day-to-day activities that are aligned with departmental operating plans in the areas of safety & health, environment, cost, ABS, quality, customer satisfaction and labor relations.
* Lead assigned resources in compliance with EHS policies to assure that environment, health and safety are the first priority of the business. Lead and conduct key safety initiatives such as employee safety meetings and toolbox discussions, risk assessments, Critical 6 +1 and EHS audits, and environmental compliance monitoring, etc.
* Operate the Green Mill and supervise the day-to-day activities associated with production of green carbon anodes and butt crushing and supervise day-to-day operation of the Anode Assembly/380 department in the rodding and processing of rodded anodes. Accountable to ensure production schedules, scheduling, and production equipment maintenance meet departmental objectives
* Supervise the day-to-day activities associated with flow of carbon anodes through the carbon bake furnace and the operation and maintenance of bake furnace equipment including the dry scrubber and the transfer of ore to 379. Accountable to ensure production schedules, crew scheduling, and production equipment maintenance meet departmental objectives.
* Supervise departmental labor/management activities and issues to ensure that business needs are met.
* Provide counseling and support to direct reports to ensure their personal development and positive contribution towards achieving departmental goals.
* Accountable for ensuring department personnel follow safe standard operating procedures such that processes remain stable and product quality consistently meets or exceeds customer requirements. Maintain open line of communication with his/her counterpart in the customer s organization.
BACKGROUND SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a broad understanding of the Electrode facility, processes, and materials. People with confirmed knowledge of Electrode operations preferred. A minimum of shown success in relative supervisory experience is helpful. An Associates or Bachelors Degree is preferred. Experience in providing leadership, achieving results and leading change is required.
Demonstrated PC skills are required, including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS-Outlook.
Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse group of backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences. Alcoa is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer..
Employer's Job# Req-8638
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.