Leviton Engineer, Supply Chain in Melville, New York
This position is responsible for the design, development and utilization of quantitative analytical models of Leviton’s supply chain processes and systems. These models will be used to provide decision support to Leviton’s Supply Chain management organization to improve customer service, inventory performance and overall supply chain capability. Responsibilities include working directly with product management, manufacturing and other supply chain departments on various projects and initiatives.
- Design, develop, and maintain mathematical decision-support models of Leviton’s supply chain processes and systems using a combination of self-developed tools and/or off-the-shelf software
- Identify data sources and maintain operational data in a data warehouse environment. Leverage SQL and VBA programming to automate data manipulation and data maintenance; Work closely with demand & supply planning, logistics, manufacturing, product management, IT and other groups to define business needs and design innovative solutions to address supply chain-related issues and opportunities
- Develop Supply Chain / Inventory related solutions utilizing the Microsoft BI platform
- Conduct quantitative analysis in order to optimize Leviton’s inventory utilization and provide decision support
- Establish and manage projects to develop and use new, innovative supply chain solutions
- Leverage cross-functional resources to drive projects to completion
- Provide support for various quantitative and statistical analyses that utilize easy to adopt spreadsheet and database applications to make business recommendations
- Maintain documentation associated with all data modeling/processes
- Participate as a team member and team leader of Interdepartmental Project teams
- Participate in Application Development project teams
- Keep department members and management apprised of trends in the industry
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or equivalent
- 5 years experience in inventory or supply chain management environment, preferably in a manufacturing environment, including exposure to inventory theory, forecasting methods, advanced supply chain concepts (e.g., JIT / pull-based replenishment, Collaborative Forecasting & Planning)
- Demonstrated experience building and applying mathematical modeling techniques (optimization , simulation, statistical analysis)
- Understanding of programming concepts applicable to spreadsheet design and modeling. VBA and SQL experience is a core requirement.
- Deep level of understanding of database design and management, as well as data acquisition and data maintenance
- Expertise with analytical tools such as Microsoft Excel and Access
- Ability to manage projects by creating and adhering to schedules, milestones, and timelines
- Experience with commercial software packages for optimization, simulation and statistical analysis is a plus (e.g., CPLEX, LINDO, Arena, Extend, SAS, Minitab)
- Excellent presentation skills utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately for the intended purpose and audience.
- Familiarity with a manufacturing operation
- APICS CPIM certification
- Oracle Suite – specifically, ASCP, Constraint-based Planning, Demantra
- Experience with Continuous Process Improvement techniques (Lean, Six-Sigma)
- Up to 10%
* Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status*
Position Type: Full-Time