Frito Lay Cooking Room Mechanic in Middletown, New York
Cooking Room Mechanic - 1st Shift (6am - 2pm)
$20.55 / hour
BFY Brands, the newest brand addition to Frito-Lay (and PepsiCo) has an opportunity for a Cooking Room Mechanic to join the team. The successful candidate must have a "safety-first" mindset, be a self-motivated technical professional working with the maintenance team to support the operation, and service to all areas in the facility. This position will be responsible for and support operations, inspection, and maintenance processes for our patented puffing machines.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of hydraulic/pneumatic systems. They will ensure that equipment are maintained at the highest performance level and will strive to minimizing cost, energy usage, and waste in accordance with health and safety regulations. This individual will possess excellent interpersonal skills and will interact and function effectively as an integral part of the Safety, Production, Quality, and Maintenance Team.
The work environment includes extreme temperatures, averaging 90 degrees for the entire shift.
Here is a list of some of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform during the workday:
- Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on puffing machines/equipment, and other components.
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
- Repair mechanical pumps and rotative equipment and other equipment as requested.
- Clean HVAC coils, change filters and belts.
The following are abilities and experiences that the ideal candidate will have:
- Experienced in all industrial safe practices, including Electrical Lock Out / Tag Out. Will make safety the priority in all activities
- Able to dismantle, repair, rebuild, clean, adjust, and calibrate mechanical components and systems and return them to operation.
- Experience in operation, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of equipment.
- Able to determine the most effective method to make repairs to production equipment and support systems to minimize the interruption of operation. Will advise supervision when an area of the facility needs immediate attention to prevent further damage.
- Experience in inspecting and assessing equipment for defects such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication and misadjustment, and can perform repair and adjustment.
- Proven track record in working effectively within an integrated production and maintenance environment.
- Proficiency at performing and reporting out on assigned PMs on equipment/systems.
Does this sound like the role for you? Join nearly 55,000 other Frito-Lay associates across the country that work hard to bring you the snacks you love by submitting your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available  EEO is the Law &  EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.