Northwell Health Sterile Processing Technician in Mount Kisco, New York
Req Number 24179
Cleans, processes, assembles and performs terminal sterilization of medical instrumentation, textiles and related reusables utilized in patients care. Maintains sterile instrumentation inventory in hospital units where surgical procedures are performed. Communicates with hospital unit staff to maintain related par levels.
- Conducts frequent and timely rounds of soiled utility rooms to maintain continual work flow of surgical and floor instruments.
- Transports and handles contaminated instruments using precaution according to regulatory (OSHA, CDC) and hospital guidelines.
- Ensures prevention of cross-contamination by adhering to 'one way' flow of soiled instruments through central sterile department.
- Cleans and processes soiled instruments, breaking down and reprocessing according to regulations and department policies and procedures.
- Monitors sterilization cycles for proper performance of sterilizers.
- Utilizes department equipment including, but not limited to, washers, conveyors, drying cabinet, ultrasonic, air power hose, cart washer and cargo master.
- Inspects, assembles, and labels instruments, instrument trays and linen packs.
- Documents and maintains records of all instruments and trays processed during decontamination.
- Transports sterilized instrumentation to units performing surgical procedures in closed or covered carts, as required.Records delivery of instruments to departments.
- Stocks and maintains inventory of sterilized instrumentation in units performing surgical procedures.
- Performs regular biological testing, maintenance and cleaning of sterilization equipment.
- Washes transport carts and returns to clean area for use in transporting sterile instruments.
- Maintains clean, organized and safe environment in central sterile department as per department policies and procedures.
- Informs management of deviations in procedure, safety concerns, low inventory levels, missing instrumentation, malfunctioning equipment, and related issues.
Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Sterile processing certification (CRCST or CSPD), required.
Must complete minimum annual continuing education credits required by NY State AND additional continuing education credits required to maintain certification status.
Prior experience processing surgical information, preferred.
Ability to lift/carry 25 pounds, required. Manual dexterity, ability to stand, bend, lift and/or reach for extended periods of time, required.
Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbally and in writing) and follow oral and/or written instructions, required.
- Northwell Health Jobs