Northwell Health Medical Office Assistant - Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialty (Per Diem) in New Hyde Park, New York
Req Number 10435
Administers para-professional nursing care. Duties include, but are not limited to preparing patient for physician, administering and recording laboratory tests. Assists in coordinating organization of patient needs including preparing and organizing patient clinic charts.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team in coordinating and implementing plans for patient care.May record patient history for medical staff review.
- Performs measurement and screening procedures according to protocol which may include but is not limited to height, weight, head circumference, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, audiometry and vision testing.Records and plots findings on patient chart.
- Collects blood specimens and assists physician or nurses in collection of blood specimens as required.Completes requisitions, labels and routes specimens according to standard procedure.
- Collects urine specimens.May perform throat cultures, and buccal smears as directed.,Completes requisitions, labels and routes specimens according to standard procedure.
- May perform electrocardiograms in accordance with physician orders.
- Assists physicians and nurses with special procedures and examinations including but not limited to L.P., pelvic exam, etc.Secures supplies; ensures patient is properly undressed and draped; provides instruments to physicians; holds patient as required; and assists patient after examination.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of examination rooms; stocks assigned rooms and cupboards and insures that par levels of supplies are maintained on a daily basis.
- Insures data collected for procedures performed is recorded clearly and accurately on appropriate forms and in medical records.
- Performs variety of other functions such as maintaining medical records, processing insurance forms, preparing financial records, etc.
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Completion of a six (6) month to one (1) year course in an accredited Medical Assistant program, required.
Prior experience and demonstrated competence as a medical assistant, preferred.
Typing 30 wpm, required. Basic mathematical aptitude, desirable.
Ability to communicate effectively.
- Northwell Health Jobs