Northwell Health Patient Services Assistant I in New Hyde Park, New York
Req Number 15518
Performs a variety of clerical duties in assigned departments to fulfill coverage needs. Duties include but not limited to, physician's billing and collection functions, scheduling appointments for patients, answering the phone and taking messages, and compiling periodic statistical reports. Schedules appointments for patients within related ancillary departments/services, and doctors' offices.
- Performs all duties related to departmental physicians' billing (including but not limited to):
Completes, processes and reconciles insurance claim forms and payments.
Follows up on outstanding accounts via telephone and/or written inquiry to patients and/or third party payors.
Inputs charges, payments and adjustments to computerized system or posting to manual records.
Maintains daily, weekly and monthly records of fees collected.
Verifies insurance coverage and other related data with third party carriers.
Processes credit balance reports, preparing pre-collection notices and other correspondence/bills.
- Collects all monies due from patient at time of service.Prepares payment journals and/or makes bank deposits for all collections.
- Schedules appointments for patients with ancillary hospital departments, service, and doctors' offices.
- Greets patients as they arrive to suite, obtains necessary demographic and insurance information and records same.Reconciles billing with kept appointments/procedure logs.
- Sets up, retrieves and files charts/reports as needed.
- Answers phones, obtains and provides necessary information and takes messages.Contacts various departments and clinical services, as needed.Types correspondence and relevant forms.
- Compiles statistics on a daily and monthly basis and prepares various statistical reports.
- Performs periodic and year-end account analysis as necessary.
Performs other duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Knowledge of physician's billing inclusive of third party billing, medical terminology and CPT codes, required. Knowledge of ICD-10 coding, highly desirable.
Data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
Ability to input data into computerized system and do simple arithmetic calculations.
- Northwell Health Jobs