Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in New York, New York
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time.Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) to provide comprehensive care to the Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Service to meet the medical and psychosocial needs of our patients, implement and evaluate standards of care and participate in research to establish exemplary care.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will join a team of over 800 NPs and PAs across MSK who are dedicated to delivering compassionate, expert and comprehensive cancer care to patients and families, supporting the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution and department.
· A good decision maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
· Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex situations
· Work collaboratively with other APPs, nurses and physicians, including fellows and residents
· Flexible with scheduling and will adapt to the needs of the service
· Collaborate with physicians and healthcare team members
· First and second assist in the operating room in a wide variety of reconstructive cases
· Provide Comprehensive care to Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery inpatient
· Participate in implementation of patient education and clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum
Qualifications needed for a PA candidate are:
· Graduate from an accredited PA Program
· NCCPA certification
· Active New York State license or be qualified for state licensure
· 3+ years of related experience is preferred
· ACLS/BLS certification
Qualifications needed for an NP candidate are:
· Current New York State RN and NP license/registration
· Master’s degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges
· 3+ years of related clinical experience preferred
· Related National NP certification
· Current RNFA
· ACLS/BLS certification
Hours:6am-10pm flexed 12.5h shifts Monday-Friday with weekend and holiday rotation
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Stay in touch!
Register now to join Memorial Sloan Kettering’sTalent Community (https://externaltalent-mskcc.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-435744324) to receive inside information on our organization and new job opportunities.
Job LocationsUSA-NY-New York
Posted Date2 weeks ago(6/10/2021 6:17 PM)
Requisition ID 2021-50663
Category Advanced Practice Provider
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Jobs