NYU School of Medicine Clinical Research Operations Manager in New York, New York
is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of , the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to, and interact with us on,,,Facebook,TwitterandInstagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clinical Research Operations Manager.Reporting to the Department of Neurosurgery Administrator, Department Chair, and Vice-Chair of Clinical Research, this position provides critical management and direction to a growing research program, as well as pivotal research support to diverse, constantly evolving sponsor-funded health services, health policy, health economics and related research initiatives within the New York University Langone Health. Areas of research include adults and children and span the breadth of cranial, spinal, and peripheral nerve neurosurgery. The individual will work on both smaller focused studies and larger multicenter research funded by federal and industry sponsors. The position will oversee basic and clinical research program for development, growth and change. It will also manage sponsor-based projects, including federally-funded basic research in wet labs and evaluation projects. The candidate will oversee basic and clinical research operations, budget, and staff to ensure successful completion from initiation through to dissemination. S/he will work collaboratively with the principal investigators, his/her research team, and other faculty and staff to author manuscripts and create professional presentations. S/he will direct all relationships with our institutional IRB and/or other review boards.
1. Plan and oversee team operations, manage growth, and develop research plans for the future
2. Develop and actualize basic and clinical research program strategic planning
3. Manage all aspects of pre- and post-award management of all federal and industry sponsored research projects (basic, clinical, and translational research)
4. Prepare and negotiate research budgets with industry sponsors
5. Reconcile revenue and expenses across all NYU systems (EPIC, CRMS, Res Navigator, and Peoplesoft Finance
6. Development, management, coordination and supervision of all relevant personnel in the group
7. Institute and maintain a reporting structure, staff development activities, team operations, and professional growth
8. Manage, coordinate and oversee all research compliance and regulatory reporting
9. Assist with the recruitment of patients, enrollment, grant submissions, and study coordination activities
10. Coordinate the design and implementation of evaluation tools/instruments, data registries, surveys, and sampling strategies
11. Oversee data registries, manage and audit data
12. Report on progress and finances to granting agencies and internally to relevant parties at the Medical Center
13. Co-author grant applications, manuscripts, and publications as appropriate
14. Represent the organization and research team at relevant meetings and events
15. Ensure accurate execution of research protocols in accordance with Good Clinical Practices, HIPAA, PIs, Research Teams, and sponsors
16. Perform other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have a Bachelors Degree required in a related discipline. Master's degree preferred. At least 5 years of relevant work experience. Years of relevant work experience may substitute for masters degree. Familiarity with related research methodologies, strong writing skills, an aptitude for quick learning, creative problem solving skills, detailed oriented approach and strong work ethic are essential. Time management skills and ability to multitask are required. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and to work within a team environment, as well as independently.
The responsibilities are best facilitated by an individual with highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, exceptional organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and demonstrated research experience. Research finance, accounting and regulatory compliance experience is highly desirable. Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, statistical software programs such as SAS or SPSS is highly desirable. CRC certification is preferred, as well as knowledge of basic medical terminology. Experience working in an Academic Medical Center.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please .
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.