The Mount Sinai Health System CT Technologist-MSH-Per Diem in New York, New York
2824862: CT Technologist- Mount Sinai Hospital –Per Diem
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
To perform CT Scan studies of anatomical areas as ordered/directed, according to established standards and procedures
Roles & Responsibilities:
1) Assists, prepares and positions patients as required to perform imaging procedures.
2) Performs CT Scans and other Diagnostic exams.
3) Applies the necessary technical judgment to obtain studies of an acceptable diagnostic quality according to written protocols and the patients’ needs.
4) Provides patient education relevant to specific imaging procedures by informing the patient of the nature of the procedure, the area to be imaged and any specific instructions the patient may need.
5) Operates all radiographic imaging equipment associated with CT, including but not limited to injectors.
6) Prepares patients with aseptic solutions and sterile drapes.
7) Assists in preparation of sterile surgical instruments and supplies needed for all CT Biopsy examinations.
8)Assists physician with room set up and procedure, when required, to include opening, and handing guide wires, catheters, etc.
9) Loads and programs contrast media power injectors according to established departmental procedures.
10) Prepares and operates equipment, sets controls, establishes proper “programs” under direction of the Radiologist.
11) Coordinates scan protocols with radiologist.
12) Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques.
13) Performs all quality assurance procedures as required.
14) Ensures all images are appropriately labeled as specified by the department SOP.
15) Assists physician directly as required.
16) Evaluates radiographs for technical acceptability and ensures images are transmitted to PACS in a timely fashion.
17) Ensures Radiology room and equipment cleanliness, at the start and at the end of the shift, to include removal of soiled or dirty linen.
18) Maintains supplies and accessories in imaging room necessary to safely perform duties, as required.
19) Accurately records all required patient tracking information into IDX (Radiology Information System).
·20) Schedules exams into IDX (Radiology Information System) as required.
21) Ensures that all studies performed are completed in IDX (Radiology Information System) in a timely fashion. · Calls for in-patients as required.
·22) Performs related clerical duties in the absence of support personnel.
23) Informs supervisor or appropriate personnel of needed repairs to equipment or unsafe conditions.
24) Prevents the spread of infection to self, patients, visitors, and other employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocol.
25) Attends in-services and other professional development meetings as required.
26) Maintains in good standing, licensure specific to job to include adherence to Article 35 of the Public Health Code.
Graduate of an AMA/J.C.E.R.T. approved program in Radiologic Technology.
Minimum 2 years of progressive CT experience (Will consider new graduates).
Excellent technical skills, knowledge of cross sectional anatomy, physiology and positioning.
New York State License (L.R.T.).
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. (ARRT and current CT certification)
Current CPR certification.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together. We invite you to participate actively as a part of the Mount Sinai Health System team by:
Using a lens of equity in all aspects of patient care delivery, education, and research to promote policies and practices to allow opportunities for all to thrive and reach their potential
Serving as a role model confronting racist, sexist, or other inappropriate actions by speaking up, challenging exclusionary organizational practices, and standing side-by-side in support of colleagues who experience discrimination
Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors among and between departments and co-workers
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people and to create an inclusive, welcoming and nurturing work environment where all feel they are valued, belong, and are able to professionally advance. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, contribute to the patient experience and quality of patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our history!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai Morningside ( Formerly St Luke’s), and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $55.00 - $55.00 Hourly. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
The Mount Sinai Health System
- The Mount Sinai Health System Jobs