The New York Foundling DSP - Audubon Avenue ( Upper Manhattan | 32 Hours/wk. | Overnight ) in New York, New York
New York, NY, USA
- Ensure appropriate supervision, health and safety of individuals; Implement Individual Plan of Protective Oversight.
- Advocate for individuals in the community (medical appointments, church, recreation activities etc).
- Ensure individual’s plan of care is implemented.
- Ensure that individual medication is administered as prescribed.
- Assist in daily living skills (e.g. personal hygiene, food preparation, housekeeping, laundry, shopping)
- Maintain facility in compliance with the OPWDD and COA standards.
- Facilitate individual’s learning and skill training in fire safety.
- Complete daily progress notes and other individual logs.
- Maintain updated certifications in CPR/first aid, SCIP, and AMAP.
- Provide atmosphere conducive to positive behavior.
- Observe, report regressive and unusual behavior and work cooperatively with clinical staff.
- Planning and preparing balanced meals.
- Cleaning and maintaining of the residential unit.
- Assist individuals with the purchase of groceries, clothing, hygiene supplies and other items needed.
- Transport and escort individuals on recreational activities, medical appointment, home visits, etc.
- Remain on shift until your relief has arrived.
- Complete job related tasks as needed.
- HS Diploma/GED.
- A NY, NJ or PA driver’s license with no more than 4 points.
- AMAP, SCIP, CPR, and First Aid Certifications preferred.
- Experience working with adults that have developmental disabilities
HS Graduate or Equivalent or better
Licenses & Certifications
Posted: November 20, 2020