The Mount Sinai Health System Family Medicine – Physician – Union Health Center – Manhattan, NY in New York, New York
The Union Health Center (UHC) is seeking a full-time Primary Care Provider to join our team!
The Union Health Center (UHC) is an innovative primary and multi-specialty center focused on providing well-coordinated and accessible healthcare. UHC has been providing care to New Yorkers for over one hundred years, founded by the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union (ILGWU) and the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America (ACWA). UHC was established to provide affordable and comprehensive healthcare to union members and their families, and has been recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Patient Centered Medical Home since 2009. The center was built around a team-based model that integrates health coaches and serves a patient population that experiences a heavy burden of chronic disease and varying levels of health literacy. UHC maintains Primary Care PCMH recognition and is certified as an Article 28 facility.
UHC and Mount Sinai Partnership
Since 2018, UHC and Mount Sinai, one of the largest health systems in the U.S, have collaborated to enhance patient care by creating a medical neighborhood, which provided UHC patients with enhanced access and service within the Mount Sinai network. Effective April 2021 Mount Sinai will begin to provide management services for UHC acting as a partner to design and deliver value-based health care. The Union Health Center and Mount Sinai look forward to a growing and strengthened strategic partnership.
The candidate will be an integral part of a health care team providing excellent patient care directed toward improving quality outcomes and patient satisfaction. Reporting to the Medical Director, the candidate will work closely with committed staff in providing outstanding care to a multi-cultural population.
• Works closely with committed staff in providing outstanding care to a multi-cultural population
• Delivers professional services within the Center
• Collaborate with specialists that share the primary care clinic or work in nearby neighborhoods
• Participates in quality improvement efforts designed to improve clinical performance and maintain compliance
• A commitment to clinical interventions and delivery models that achieve the goals of population health and financial sustainability
• Contributes to the development of policies and standards of patient care by participating in committees.
• Complies with the Union Health Center’s policies & procedures related to privacy and security of identifiable patient information (PHI), as explained in the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act) training.
• Supports the stated goals and objectives of the Patient Centered Medical Home by working cooperatively with all clinical and non-clinical staff to develop procedures that enhance the Health Center’s team-based approach to patient care
Position Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Active Medical Degree from an accredited university
• Valid New York Medical License required
• Board eligible or board certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
• New trainees welcome to apply
• Have strong interpersonal, oral, written communication, organizational and collaborative skills
• Article 28 and PCMH experience preferred
• Compensation range from $200,000K to $210,000K (not including bonuses / incentive compensation or benefits)
Preferred Skills and Qualities:
• Commitment to working in teams to provide excellent clinical care
• Passion for health care as evidenced by academic pursuits and/or professional experience.
• Experience improving quality of care and operational efficiency in previous roles.
• Proficient with electronic health records
• Strongly Preferred, Proficiency in Spanish
Salary Disclosure Information:
Mount Sinai Health System provides a salary range to comply with the New York City law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialties, historical productivity, historical collections, and hospital/community need. As such, an actual salary may fall closer to one or the other end of the range, and in certain circumstances, may wind up being outside of the listed salary range. The salary range listed is for full-time employment and does not include bonuses / incentive compensation or benefits.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest academic medical system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai advances medicine and health through unrivaled education and translational research and discovery to deliver care that is the safest, highest-quality, most accessible and equitable, and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,300 primary and specialty care physicians; 13 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 415 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and more than 30 affiliated community health centers. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of the top 20 U.S. hospitals and is top in the nation by specialty: No. 1 in Geriatrics and top 20 in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, ENT, Pulmonology/Lung Surgery, Rehabilitation, and Urology. New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked No. 12 in Ophthalmology. Mount Sinai Kravis Children's Hospital is ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Children’s Hospitals” among the country’s best in four out of 10 pediatric specialties. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools," aligned with a U.S. News & World Report "Honor Roll" Hospital, and No. 14 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding. Newsweek’s “The World’s Best Smart Hospitals” ranks The Mount Sinai Hospital as No. 1 in New York and in the top five globally, and Mount Sinai Morningside in the top 20 globally. For more information, visit https://www.mountsinai.org or find Mount Sinai on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System
The Mount Sinai Health System
- The Mount Sinai Health System Jobs