Arup Graduate Cost Consulting Analyst (Available June 2021) in New York, New York
Graduate Cost Consulting Analyst (Available June 2021)
Sep 16, 2020Post Date
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Preparing and maintaining project design and construction schedules using a variety of scheduling software e.g. Primavera, MS Project plus interfaces with associated software e.g. @Risk, HCSS.
• Working with a team of professional estimators to extract cost, labor, material and other resources to load into schedules.
• Understanding the estimates that form the basis of the work being scheduled.
• Presenting simplified, easy to visualize schedule roll ups for high level management reporting.
• Performing quantity take-offs.
• Developing high-level and detailed construction cost estimates.
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering. Master’s Degree preferred.
• 3.0 GPA or higher.
• Coursework in engineering, economics, business and/or applied math/sciences
• Knowledge of CAD Software and MS Office suite.
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Coursework in construction economics or construction management
• FE/EIT Certification, CCT/CST, LEED
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, Revit, Rhino, Primavera 6, Excel Financial Modeling techniques, VBA. Programming languages also a plus.
• Internship experience with a contractor, design firm, or cost consulting firm. Relevant experience across a variety of project types in both infrastructure and buildings e.g. rail, bridges, tunnels, large office/mixed use etc.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Second Avenue Subway
• Fulton Street Transit Center
• JetBlue Airway's Terminal 5 at JFK Airport
• Renovation of Lincoln Center
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
• Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
• Personal Health Insurance
• 401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
• Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
New York, United States
Post Date:Sep 16, 2020
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs