GlobalFoundries Intern - Mechanical Engineer (Industrial) in New York, New York
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
**Summary of Role:**
Assist Industrial Engineering team in project to forecast future needs for FOUP (Front Opening Universal Pod) inventory levels. Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost. Participate and lead problem solving sessions using structured approach and lean methodologies.
**Essential Responsibilities Include:**
- Communicate effectively across teams in manufacturing, production control, quality, engineering and maintenance
- Align objectives with other GLOBALFOUNDRIES factories and seek best practices for execution
- Ensure the overall Industrial Engineering focus is aligned with operations requirements and delivering value to the organization
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Currently enrolled in a B.S. program in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience: Not required
- Strong data analysis skills
- Able to travel as required (this is expected to be 10% of the time or less)
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Knowledge of Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Strong communication skills
Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teamIf you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.