Palladium Group Manager, Project Delivery CATALYZE in New York, New York
Manager, Project Delivery CATALYZE
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion- We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding- We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
The Manager, Project Delivery CATALYZE serves as part of the CATALYZE Project Management Unit. This team is responsible under the leadership of the Economic Growth Community of Practice Lead and Practice Lead for CATALYZE, for the management and delivery of all buy-ins (projects) under CATALYZE. The specific purpose of the position is to support the CATALYZE Chief of Party/Project Director (COP/PD) in facilitating the management and implementation of effective and efficient program delivery, including financial, compliance and human resource activities to deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies and client rules and regulations.
The Manager, Project Delivery CATALYZE, plays a key role in leading day-to-day management activities of the project team, harmonizing technical goals and compliance with our client agreements, regulations, and internal policies. Through this experience and working closely with their Project Management Unit (PMU), the Manager is expected to gain the competencies and skills needed to progress to Director level roles in project delivery, or functional areas. This role also typically supervises one or more Associate(s), Project Delivery, ensuring their training in project management duties and best practices, while also promoting their development and growth into future managers, project delivery or functional roles. This role reports to the CATALYZE Practice Lead and COP/PD of CATALYZE, Amanda Fernandez.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan and manage CATALYZE project start-up and closeout;
· Serve as the project’s primary liaison with corporate services, Senior Managers, Project Delivery, and Compliance and Project Excellence Hub;
· Oversee the preparation and maintenance of project specific components of the project management manual and advise Buy-In Activity Management Units (AMUs) on the preparation and maintenance of their project management manuals;
· In collaboration with the Compliance and Project Excellence Hub and corporate services, provide training and guidance to CATALYZE team members on, and ensure compliance with, company policies and client rules and regulations (covering as required risk management, project planning, human resource management, monitoring, reporting, finance, procurement, logistics, IT, communications, audit support and all other project managements matters);
· Support AMUs establish project offices and office infrastructure; manage field office leases; support field office registration processes when needed;
· Participate in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the CATALYZE project work plan, tracking project deliverables and monitoring project delivery against spending forecasts, and support AMUs on an as-needed basis on finalizing and monitoring their Buy-in work plans;
· Support development and presentation of internal and external reporting (for example: quarterly Internal Project Reviews, CPARs, project risk assessments, annual reviews, and client deliverables);
· Ensure project issues (at the CATALYZE level and when necessary at the Buy-In level) and risks are logged, reported on, managed and mitigated; and escalate risks and issues to the COP, Practice and Project Excellence and Compliance Hub leadership, as required;
· In collaboration with Risk Management, conduct spot checks on processes and internal controls including asset management, procurement, sub-award and compliance procedures;
· Ensure all corrective actions for the CATALYZE project and Buy-Ins are implemented, and reported back to confirm their completion via the risk register;
· Serve as a point of contact with CATALYZE CORE service providers and address contractual matters as required;
· Support development of project subcontractor, grant management, and procurement procedures compliant with internal and client’s rules and regulations at the CATALYZE level, and advise Buy-In AMUs on these issues as required;
· Report monthly on the status of subcontractor budgets/invoicing and grants;
· With the Direction of the COP/PD, lead reporting and collection of data on all performance-based fees for the project for CATALYZE Core services. Provide support on an as-needed basis to support AMUs conduct this same process on each Buy-In. Support the design of the overall award fee reporting process as well as individual Buy-Ins. Track invoicing and collection of fee across the entire project.
· Manage planning and coordination of inputs from the company’s security team as needed;
· Provide guidance, training and technical assistance on an as-needed basis to CATALYZE CORE team members as well as AMUs and field teams on a range of compliance, human resources, assistance/acquisition and procurement topics, as required. Liase as needed with Project Excellence and Compliance Hub on the design and delivery of formal training sessions. The goal of this responsibility is to gain the skills to take on a more senior role in Palladium.
Contract and Client Relationship Management
· Monitor and maintain compliance with head/prime contracts including agreement action requests (i.e., travel, personnel changes, grant approvals, budget realignments, etc.);
· Liaise with the CATALYZE’s C&C representative and/or Palladium’s C&C to communicate with contracting and agreement officers or other client representatives on any matters that make legal or financial commitments for Palladium;
· Monitor and report on overall progress against agreed targets, milestones, outputs and activities;
· Develop, manage and support contract amendments as required;
· Liaise with and respond to requests from clients in conjunction with the project’s COP/PD, including providing or giving inputs on reporting;
· Support project advocacy with internal and external stakeholders.
· Ensure, together with the Director of Finance and Compliance that company policies for financial management are implemented at a CATALYZE level and Buy-In levels and are compliant with the client’s rules and regulations;
· Ensure that project levels of delegated authority issued are in accordance with Palladium’s Expenditure Approval and Signature Authority Policy and Guidelines and manage the process for higher-level approvals as required;
· Collaborate with the Director of Finance and Compliance to establish project charge codes, ensuring they meet client and project requirements for cost allocation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting;
· In collaboration with Treasury, support Buy-In AMUs to facilitate field project bank accounts are set-up with appropriate company and project signatories;
· Ensure the project financial calendar is adhered to including monitoring, reconciling, and reporting expense advances monthly;
· In coordination with the Director of Finance and Compliance, lead the process of monitoring budgets against forecasts as one metric to track project progress against its work plan; proactively seek to solve shortages or overages against the frozen forecast as needed;
· Support the Director of Finance and Compliance in monthly Funds Transfer Requests (FTRs) to ensure they reflect budget progress and forecasting and seek approval for them as needed;
· Support the Director of Finance and Compliance in the review of cashbooks / field vouchers and ensure supporting documentation is complete;
· Support the Director of Finance and Compliance in obtaining approval for work orders and invoices; ensure the accuracy of client invoices (including monthly, milestone and performance based invoices).
Human Resource Management and Recruitment
· Oversee project human resource planning, recruitment, contracting, and coordinate inputs from Compliance, HR, and Talent Acquisition teams (i.e. benefits, local labor law, etc.). Support AMUs in the same on an as-needed basis;
· Working with an Associate, maintain project data on relevant HR systems for short-term and long-term staff and consultants is maintained accurately. Support AMUs in the same on an as-needed basis;
· Lead the mobilization and demobilization of all international staff (short-term and long-term) on CATALYZE including contracting (in coordination with HR) and travel management. Support AMUs in the same on as as-needed basis;
· Serve as primary supervisor to Associate(s), Project Delivery, or Senior Associate(s), Project Delivery, as required;
· In conjunction with the PMU, and others in Palladium as required, engage in CATALYZE employee onboarding and training, educating new staff on policies, procedures, tools, and Palladium’s culture. Support AMUs in the same on an as-needed basis;
· Actively monitor, review, correct, and provide feedback on all supervisee’s work products, providing or facilitatng additional training, coaching and support where necessary;
· Take a proactive role in CATALYZE staff development, including working with supervisees to identify professional development opportunities, and holding monthly coaching sessions to advise them on project management best practices, core competencies, and general work skills and behaviors.
Business Development / Other
· Contribute to company growth by ensuring assigned projects are managed well, ensuring Palladium is seen positively by clients for consideration in future business development;
· Participate in capture planning for bids (as time allows), providing inputs on implementation requirements;
· Provide input and support business development of the company as time permits;
· Complete other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
o Works with respect and dignity for all colleagues and promotes a cooperative team working environment.
o Formal Project Management training and expertise is required.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
o Sound problem solving, conflict-resolution and decision making skills.
o Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
o Ability to travel and work in developing countries for extended periods of time if needed.
o Adaptability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team as needed.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
o Experience working in the international development sector.
o Prior experience with USAID contracts and cooperative agreements is required.
o Excellent English language communication skills. Fluency in an international language preferred.
Palladium is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to a selection process due to disability or any other cricumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to make any reasonable adjustments to our process.
- Palladium Group Jobs