ConEdison MULTIPLE - Associate Engineer A (1H), Engineer (2L), Sr. Engineer (2H) - Central Engineering, Substations Engineering Bklyn/Qns in New York, New York
MULTIPLE - Associate Engineer A (1H), Engineer (2L), Sr. Engineer (2H) - Central Engineering, Substations Engineering Bklyn/Qns
Nov 24, 2021
Posting Expiration Date:Dec 31, 2021
Department:Substation Projects Eng
Section:CENG Substations Eng Bklyn/Qns
Location:NY-New York-4 Irving Pl Headquarters
Multiple - Associate Engineer (1H), Engineer (2L), Sr. Engineer (2H) - Distribution Engineering SCADA (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/8082085-multiple-associate-engineer-1h-engineer-2l-sr-engineer-2h-distribution-engineering-scada)
Multiple - Systems Analyst (1H), Sr. System Analyst (2L) - Distribution Engineering SCADA
Program Administrator, OR Customer Energy Services (DSM) (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/8080880-administrator)
Director - O&R Customer Energy Services
General Utility Worker L1-2, Steam Operations 74th St Mtce PHMSA (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/8079818-general-utility-worker-l1-2)
Mechanic B L1-2, Steam Operations 74th St Mtce PHMSA
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Selected candidates will:
- Evaluate project requirements.
- Prepare scopes of work, design criteria, construction packages, economic analysis, authorization and appropriation funding requests and engineering specifications.
- Coordinate projects with end users and construction and provide field support.
- Monitor and report on project status, schedules and costs.
- Interface with or direct project work teams of discipline engineers and designers.
- Address outage, safety and environmental constraints as required.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of equipment, cable and accessory purchase specifications;
- Review and accept manufacturer's proposals and drawings.
- Serve as Lead Discipline Engineer with decision-making capability,
- Meet with other departments on the erection, testing, maintaining, and supplying consultation for the installation of equipment.
- Respond to emergency calls by operating departments and make field decisions in his area of responsibility.
- Ensure Company environmental and safety procedures and goals are incorporated into the project designs and create the EH&S Checklist for project installation package and
- Manage projects in E-project and Unifier.
- Provides other technical assistance as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 2 years of full time work experience to include at least 1 year applicable engineering work experience. ASSOCIATE ENGINEER (1H) Applicable experience is experience in the design, analysis or operation of power systems, high voltage substations, distribution or transmission systems Or
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 3 years applicable engineering work experience - ENGINEER (2L) Applicable experience is experience in the design, analysis or operation of power systems, high voltage substations, distribution or transmission systems Or
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And 8 years applicable engineering work experience - SENIOR ENGINEER (2H) Applicable experience is experience in the design, analysis or operation of power systems, high voltage substations, distribution or transmission systems Or
Master's Degree with a Bachelors degree in Engineering And 6 years applicable engineering work experience - SENIOR ENGINEER (2H) Applicable experience is experience in the design, analysis or operation of power systems, high voltage substations, distribution or transmission systems
Required Work Experience
Requires at minimum a Bachelors degree in Engineering and 2 yrs full time work experience to include one year applicable engineering experience.
Experience in application and development of technical principles and practices associated with Electrical Utility systems.
Requires computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
Requires strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel on all levels.
Should be knowledgeable in basic engineering design and principles. Required
Experience with conceptual design, system planning and electrical analysis is highly desirable.
Experience specific to the engineering and application of Power Systems, Substations and Transmission facilities.
Electrical Engineering degree
Professional Engineers License preferred.
Ability to write specifications and standards and coordinate engineering projects and assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be willing and able to travel throughout the company service territory.
Must be willing and able to wear the required PPE as needed.
Must be willing and able to work in substation / switching station areas (in an around live electrical equipment).
Must be willing and able to crawl and walk between electrical equipment.
Must be willing and able to walk extensively indoors and outdoors and climb ladders.
Must be willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.