AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP (AZPLP) Product Manager -Digital Health - Oncology in New York, New York
Job Description / Capsule
Advances in digitalization, data and advance analytics are changing industries at pace with the pharma industry showing signs of movement
The Digital Health Market will grow exponentially over the next 3 years, with new applications in digital showing in phase 3 studies significant benefits for patients including overall survival in Cancer.
AstraZeneca would like to leapfrog in this area and has prioritized digital in R&D as a critical strategic area of focus by 2025, as part of the overall company strategy. Digital Health R&D's ambition is to transform healthcare, powered by digital, science and collaborations, to deliver the healthcare outcomes and experience that patients care about the most. The Digital Health R&D journey incorporates 3 key stages
- Stage 1 - foundational, reimagine how we work, by maximizing the use of digital, data and analytics transform processes within R&D to gain significant benefits on speed of the portfolio (goal 9 months acceleration) productivity (goal -20% reduction in cost per patient per year) quality at source, patient experience and probability of success.
- Stage 2 - advanced, redefine clinical trials and digital health to improve overall patient experiences and outcomes, example redefining patient populations, remote clinical trials, patient apps to reduce/manage adverse events and improve patient outcomes (OS), using data from EHMr and RWE instead of control arms, and through PROs and continuous patient monitoring, creating new end points enabling studies in earlier stages of disease (ctDNA changes) prolonging significantly patients' lives
- Stage 3 - future-readiness, reimagine healthcare, examples, AZ as a healthcare provider beyond medicines for certain indications (example: Breast Cancer, proving monitoring, predictive analytics and therapies for improved outcomes), full integration of Multiomics (imaging, genomics, proteomics …) to better predict and significantly improve patients' health
As part of Stage 2 redefining clinical trials; 3 reimagining healthcare portfolio, the Digital Health product manager will advance digital theraputics both in the clinical trial and real world setting to advance care.
You are a Product Manager leading the discovery, design and development of Digital Solutions, Digital Devices and Digital Therapeutics with the Digital Health Oncology group Opportunity to shape patient facing technology and build Digital Solutions for patients and Health Care Professionals.
Expertise in Product development within agile methodologies and hypothesis led design. Experience in regulatory submissions and approvals of medical devices and digital therapeutics.
An opportunity to utilise your Digital Product Development expertise to shape the future landscape of patient facing technology.
Within the Oncology TA, a key focus is now to ensure each product has an appropriate Digital Strategy to maximise the patient experience and outcomes.
Leadership of Product roadmap from idea to deployment. Lead patient and health care professional interviews and research to ensure the solutions are built for the patient by the patient with world class patient experience and flow.
Primary Responsibilities for this role will include (but not limited to):
- Under the direction of the manager, setting and driving the vision and strategy and clearly articulating the business value to the product team, so they understand the intent behind the new product or feature. The product manager owns the roadmap and must prioritize building what matters most to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives.
- Owning the creative AGILE process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas. To this end, they also ensure that feedback and requests are seamlessly integrated into their product planning and development processes.
- Identify and manage required partnerships to ensure cutting-edge capabilities in the intersection of data science, technology and healthcare.
- Close partnership with design team leadership to ensure product is customer centric while meeting the value and vision of the business case.
- Lead cross-functional teams from conception all the way through to launch for each of the phases and elements of the product ensuring coordination between design, engineering, quality management systems and data teams so that the final product meets all clinical and engagement goals.
- Champion, for digital health and an agile, iterative development process driven by design thinking, frequent end-user input, constant insight generation from data.
- Managing dependencies in and across releases to complete release phases and milestones.
- As a core member of the Product Managers Guild ensure that the new ways of working being developed are fully aligned to the strategic vision for Digital Health R&D and reducing potential for product overlap/silos.
- Oversee and drive the creation of plans for the to-be technology and its supporting processes, and then be responsible for the day-to-day execution of the agreed implementation plan.
- Providing vision and daily direction to the discovery and development team and stakeholders throughout the project phase.
- Manage relationships with business and IT stakeholders to ensure the effective capturing of business requirements and commitment to project objectives.
- Ensure expected benefits realization is consistent with project deliverables and clearly understood by stakeholders and project members.
- Manage changes to project scope ensuring that all impacts and changes are approved and appropriately communicated to stakeholders and review boards.
- Ensure effective communication and, share success stories and learnings
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize user stories, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Research and analyse market, the users, and the future roadmap of the trial management technology
- Follow our competitors and the industry
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Product Management experience in healthcare
- Life Sciences degree or equivalent experience
- Strong technical and scientific background; demonstrated ability to search, understand, and synthesize the medical literature
- Understanding of the drug development process, and the different sources of information that will support, inform and assist in Trial Design and execution
- Oncology experience preferred
- Familiarity with software as a medical device regulatory experience preferred
- Proven skills and experience in defining a clear scope and roadmap to develop complex solutions
- Proven skills and experience managing and controlling complex projects and activities in a multicultural context and ideally in a mixed resourcing model with strong business and IT (and potentially external) components
- Proven experience in applying a business-driven user-centric approach to deliver solutions
- Experience working in a global organization where stakeholders and project team members are geographically dispersed
- Demonstrated leadership skills interacting with senior leaders
- Outstanding communication, presentation, facilitation, storytelling, consulting and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience of defining business strategies and influencing key stakeholders of the vision for a business area
- Creative thinker with vision
Patient facing device background.
Regulatory experience in SaMD
- Project Management qualification
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Proven ability to lead Agile Development
Why AstraZeneca? This is nn opportunity to work as a small biotech or start up within a big pharma
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what's next!
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you. Please apply directly on our site for immediate consideration. We are actively hiring during the Covid crisis and onboarding candidates virtually.