Jacobs Rail Systems Project Manager in New York, New York
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we are using our solutions in rail and transit to create a more connected and sustainable world- environmentally and socially. Would you be interested to join our team of leaders? We’re looking to hire a Project Manager for Rail Systems (train control/ signal, overhead catenary systems (OCS), communications, and/or traction electrification system) projects who will help us……
• Plan, direct and coordinate activities of the project team including coordination of the rail systems design with associated civil, electrical, geotechnical disciplines to ensure the goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Directs and coordinates activities of project engineers, interfacing engineers and other project staff to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Maintains positive relationships with contractor and their staff.
• Serves as a representative at meetings, presentations and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
• Develops, reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved. Communicate financial information to management.
• Actively involved in quality control for the project.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational reimbursement, retirement benefits, employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Typical salary range for this position is $130,000 to $165,000- and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical preferred)
• Substantial years of experience in the design and integration of rail transit systems
• Substantial years of experience in design management or supervisory capacity of commuter rail or light rail transit system
• Experience supporting MTA, Metro North, Long Island Railroad and/or Amtrak
• Must be willing to attend project site meetings
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Registered as a Professional Engineer or ability to obtain in near future
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
- Jacobs Jobs