Archcare Recreation Therapy Supervisor in New York, New York
Supervises and coordinates the daily Therapeutic Recreation & Creative Therapies to ensure quality service and efficiency of operations and systems. Works under general supervision to support the emotional, spiritual and social needs of PACE participants.
• Supervises and coordinates the daily therapeutic programming in the Wellness Center and in the field.
• Implements programming related to achieving a participantâ€™s goal of optimal health and wellness.
• Exhibits creativity and initiative in pursuing organizational and departmental growth and development.
• Assures that a full calendar of therapeutic programs, activities, and special events are provided for participants based on assessed needs and expressed interests.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations and program standards and policies.
• Assists in the hiring, training, evaluation and disciplining of assigned staff according to program policy and procedures.
• Participates in the daily interdisciplinary team briefing to ensure the ongoing communication of participant issues.
• Completes required department documentation and ensuring compliance to program standards and policies.
• Conducts monthly departmental audits of assessments and documentation.
• Assists with developing and monitoring the budget for therapeutic recreation.
• Recommends, develops and implements new and revised policies, procedures, and workflows, in consultation with the Director of Wellness & Creative Therapies/Senior Director of Operations to improve the quality of services, maximize productivity and efficiency of operations.
• Works with other program supervisors/managers/directors to ensure solid communication and coordination of care between disciplines, along with the appropriate identification of quality improvement, education and team building needs.
• Ensures that the Wellness Center is adequately staffed and supervised during hours of operation.
• Time management. Effectively manages own and staffâ€™s time by establishing priorities. Develops work plans and schedules. Meets deadlines.
• Establishes relationships with community based organizations. Collaborates on developing programming to facilitate connections between participants and volunteers.
• Initiates intake process for volunteer applicants in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Coordinator.
• Provides and encourages exceptional customer service to participants, families and customers at all times.
• Participates in program and health system meetings including but not limited to, interdisciplinary team meetings, family meetings, staff meetings, in-service and training programs and Quality Improvement activities.
• Maintains flexibility in schedule and responds to unexpected emergencies and changes in workload in order to fulfill responsibilities.
• Assists with developing and implementing new and revised policies, procedures, and workflows, in consultation with the Director of Wellness & Creative Therapies/Senior Director of Operations to improve the quality of services, maximize productivity and efficiency of operations.
• Perform Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree required
• Masterâ€™s Degree in related field, creative arts therapies, therapeutic recreation area preferred.
• At least three years of experience in a social or recreational setting providing and coordinating services for frail elderly or intellectual disabilities populations within the last 5 years, one of which was full time in a patient activities program in a health care setting. Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational needs.
Adaptability/Flexibility Customer Focus Accountable/Results Oriented Planning/Problem Solving Communication Successful performance on Competency Checklist. Computer skills.
• CTRS, LCAT or NYS permit eligible preferred.
Street: ArchCare Senior Life- Harlem
Shift Start Time: 8:30 a.m.
Shift End Time: 5 p.m.
Hours: 7.5 per day
External Company URL: http://www.archcare.org/