Sun Communities, Inc. Resort Maintenance Technician in New York, New York
Resort Maintenance Technician
Jellystone at Birchwood Acres (JBA)
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Are you a maintenance professional
who is looking for a dynamic and growing organization that will both
challenge and reward you? We are looking for a **Resort Maintenance
Technician** to provide a full range of maintenance and repair services
for one of our resorts.
Resort Maintenance Technicians perform routine and preventative
maintenance to maintain the physical integrity of Sun's resorts. They
conduct home/building maintenance repairs and are responsible for
cleanliness and upkeep of property grounds, facilities, streets,
equipment, and various utility systems. Resort Maintenance Technicians
provide excellent customer service to prospective and current guests and
residents at all times, and may assist with site setups to ensure timely
arrivals and departures of resort guests and residents.
1. Complete routine maintenance and minor repairs to rental homes,
facilities, and streets as needed.
2. Complete checklists of physical condition of resort sites prior to
and after guest occupancy.
3. Ensure common area lawns are manicured appropriately. Regularly
treat for weeds, weed whip, rake leaves, plant flowers/shrubs,
spread mulch/woodchips/stones, trim shrubs and hedges, cut and
remove tree limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions, and perform
other lawn care services as necessary.
4. Ensure resort is presentable and inviting at all times, and that it
adheres to Sun's curb appeal standards.
5. Ensure trash/debris is picked up daily from common areas and streets
on a daily basis. Empty common area trash containers as needed.
6. Clean resort amenities which may include clubhouses, tennis courts,
pickle ball courts, resort offices, restrooms, laundry areas, bath
houses, and maintenance garage.
7. Maintain vacant sites, including strap-downs and removal of trash
8. Assist manager with supervision of service contractors.
9. Inspect irrigation system regularly to ensure it is working
properly, repairs as necessary.
10. Inspect playground area and equipment, pool/spa area, and other
recreational amenities to ensure everything is in good condition,
making minor repairs as needed.
11. Ensure all resort streets and public access routes are free of
12. Maintain resort pool(s), test chemical levels, and adjust
appropriately, where applicable.
13. Maintain resort vehicles and equipment.
14. Follow safety procedures while performing duties, including safely
operating vehicles when moving from site to site and picking up
15. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Education (some HS education required)
- Previous maintenance experience in a campground or RV resort,
- Demonstrated knowledge of and broad experience in general
maintenance techniques and repair work
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions
require constant outdoor work
- Valid driver's license
- General knowledge of janitorial work, plumbing, electrical, and
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment,
and commercial machinery
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email and
- Availability to respond to resort needs during non-business hours
At Sun RV Resorts, you will be part of an industry-leading organization
where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We
place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of
what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day,
and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a
collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and
growth. In exchange, we will reward you with an award-winning work
environment and awesome perks!
- Paid sick leave
- Online access to view and update personal information, review
paystubs, annual W2s, and more
- Participation in company-wide SunRewards program
- Team Member Perks & Benefits Program with hundreds of discounts on
things like mobile phone service, travel, retail, and more
- Access to hundreds of online learning modules via Sun University
- Vacation RV site rent discounts at SunRV Resorts nationwide