Thornton Tomasetti Senior Bridge Design Engineer - Transportation in New York, New York
**Thornton Tomasetti** provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Resilience, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
Our **Transportation** practice specializes in analysis, design, construction inspection, evaluation, monitoring and rehabilitation for a wide variety of transportation infrastructure projects. We offer a wide range of expertise to support client needs for both new and existing transportation structures.
Thornton Tomasetti's Transportation practice is seeking a Senior Engineer for immediate employment in the New York, NY office. This Role will see the candidate involved in all phases of structural bridge project development including planning, scheduling, inspection, analysis, design and technical specifications and reports.
The role will see the right candidate work with a team of multi-disciplined engineers, while also providing technical guidance to CADD personnel and junior Engineers.
**Typical Duties And Requirements**
- Designs a complete project or component of a project.
- Formulates and solves problems. Designs and conducts analyze and interprets data.
- Assigns, reviews and evaluates work for technical accuracy.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the engineering work.
- Supervises staff necessary to complete assignments.
- Provides direct supervision and mentors junior staff.
- Adheres to corporate quality control standards within discipline.
- Participate on proposals for new project pursuits.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering. Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering preferred.
- P.E. License
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in highway, pedestrian, and/or bridge design, rehabilitation and load rating. Bridge inspection experience is welcome.
- Experience with NYSDOT, NYCDOT, PANYNJ, MTA B&T standards.
- Knowledge of AASHTO design methods, standards, and specifications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
**(US Locations Only)** In our culture of collaboration and innovation, we find we do our best work when we are together while minimizing the risks of COVID-19. For new hires at Thornton Tomasetti, we require COVID-19 vaccination to the extent allowed by access and permitted by government jurisdiction in your area and barring any religious or medically approved exemption.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.