Sinclair Broadcast Group Senior Director, Direct to Consumer in New York, New York
The Bally Sports product experience will be a multi-platform experience that connects Bally Sports Users to free and premium content while enabling innovation in the delivery of live games, personalized experiences, community features, emerging technologies, and monetization opportunities. The candidate’s primary responsibility is to define and execute the customer journey with the focus to convert free users to premium subscribers. Key responsibilities include defining the customer journey strategy and defining the KPIs/measures of success.
More specifically, the candidate will lead the execution of product deliverables required to take the product user journey from concept to launch including: product briefs, epics and user stories, prioritized backlogs, technical and operational enhancements, product designs, user experience flows, product experiments and data-driven analyses.
The ideal candidate should have experience leading agile teams made up of Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Data Analysts, Scrum Masters; all collaborating on the launch and iteration of the customer journey for large-scale sports, entertainment, or subscription products. The candidate must be able to work dynamically within the organization to align efforts across Content, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Sales, Finance and Strategy. The candidate should possess both technical skills and business acumen while exhibiting strong mentorship ability. The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced work environment, exhibit strong problem-solving skills, and a strong work ethic with an aptitude for team collaboration and communication.
- Serve as a strategic thought leader for the Bally Sports customer journey
- Define customer journey strategy and roadmap based on a self-developed understanding of consumer needs, product health, strategic objectives and marketplace opportunities
- Lead and perform daily product management activities including the definition of product specs, requirements, epics, user stories, high level technical and user experience flows
- Demand and create a data-driven product culture that emphasizes continuous testing, experimentation, iterative design and development using lean/agile methodology
- Develop process and system to gather/conduct research (quantitative and qualitative), leverage existing user engagement data, implement A/B and multivariate tests of features and generate requirements for engineering teams
- Collaborate with Engineers to architect optimal technical solutions and data flows for new product functionality
- Collaborate with Marketing and Brand teams to define brand identity, product-market fit, communication plans, growth strategy
- Share project status, escalate risks as needed and timely resolution
- Identify potential timeline soft spots and develop risk mitigation techniques to minimize issues
- Understand marketplace trends, competitive offerings, new products/technologies and consumer behavior to spot opportunities to enhance the Bally Sports offering
- 5-7+ years in digital product development or digital project management with proven track record of successful launches and delivery
- Experience or exposure to working with premium subscription products/services using AVOD, TVOD or SVOD business model(s)
- Experience with multiple product development methodologies and cross-functional project management skills
- Previous hiring and management experience of high performing teams comprised of internal and external resources
- Experience communicating (written and presentation) to senior level executives
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple sub-projects at once
- Strong technical experience working with app technologies, video streaming, subscription systems and platform integrations
- Technical competence and ability to adapt to new technologies and lead teams through these changes
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.