Asian Americans for Equality, Inc. SOCIAL WORKER in New York, New York
Provide support and supervision to program counselor on one-on-one counseling, advocacy, and follow-up services for clients with various issues/challenges
Conduct needs assessment to identify the presenting issues related to, but not limited to benefits, healthcare, housing, employment and immigration, as well as identify resources and challenges to resolve these issues for individuals/families.
Develop an individual service plan to achieve identified short-term and long-term goals that prioritizes client’s presented needs
Maintain and update both physical client files and digital records in the DYCD database system (CAPRICORN) and/or internal database accurately and timely as required along with the program counselor.
Track and maintain enrollment and outcome for assigned contracts(s).
Work with the Program Counselor to map and conduct community outreach to increase program visibility.
Partner, plan, and coordinate community educational workshop series.
Work with the Program Counselor to recruit individuals and families to participate in community educational workshops.
Prepare materials and facilitate community educational workshops.
Provide monthly narratives and statistical reports on program activities and deliverables to direct Supervisor
Coordinate with Contract Manager to schedule and conduct program site visits
Prepare and provide post site visit report along with action plans to direct Supervisor
Assist Program Managers and Program Directors in preparing regular reports to funders.
Provide mental health counseling to clients who are facing a time of crisis situation
Participate in department and staff meetings and training.
AAFE employees create value by sharing common core competencies. AAFE employees are fearless, innovative leaders who think strategically; promote inclusivity and teambuilding while maintaining a strong commitment to respect and integrity.
A Master’s degree in Social Work (“MSW”) is required
A minimum of three (3) years relevant case management experience required, within the last five (5) years, to ensure that difficult and complex cases are managed effectively.
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must be bilingual fluent in both English and Chinese Mandarin
High level of customer service, compassion and empathy
Highly detail-oriented and organized.
Excellent organization and administrative skills.
Accuracy and attention to detail, thoroughness, and in meeting deadlines.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Maintain current industry knowledge base and best practices
Proficient in MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve, deserve our very best every day. We are a results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. This philosophy expands to the way we manage our work and the way we put our best foot forward. All employees are expected to meet the following expectations:
• Attendance and punctuality; includes being on-time for work, being on-time for scheduled meetings and planning for scheduled time-off in advance with supervisor approval.
• Overtime; obtain approval from supervisor prior to working overtime or comp time.
• Provide quality customer service to both internal and external partners and co-workers. This includes responding to emails within 24 hours, answering the phone by the 3rd ring when possible and giving a deadline and meeting the given deadline for responding to inquiries.
• Dress appropriately for the workplace and in accordance with our dress-code policy.
• Maintain a positive, helpful attitude.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Communicate respectfully and treat others with dignity and respect at all times.
• Support efforts that ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
• Collaborate productively with co-workers offering solutions and accepting diverse perspectives and ideas.
• Understand and embrace the value in collaborating with people of different cultures, races, genders, ethnicities, beliefs, experiences and ideas.
• Enjoy your time at work! .
External Company Name: Asian Americans for Equality, Inc.
External Company URL: https://www.aafe.org
Street: 111 Division St.