GlobalFoundries Sr Technician Equipment Engineering - RTP in New York, New York
Summary of Role
Equipment/Maintenance Technicians sustain and run the fab floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process issues. Technician positions are shift positions working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts.
- Monitor, control, and qualify state of the art 300mm semiconductor equipment
- Perform basic preventive maintenance activities
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
- Process wafers using defined procedures
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting
- Perform visual inspections (quality check)
- Recover from process and tool interruptions
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
- Complete all required reporting and documentation
- Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes, learning and skills development
- Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, train new team members as needed and other duties as assigned
- Perform all activities in a safe ad responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
Education: 2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training/experience or GED/high school plus relevant work experience
Experience â€" Minimum of 4 years of relevant industry experience
Travel â€" 0% to 10%
Fluency in English Language â€" written & verbal
Physical Capacity Demands â€" Able to perform shift work on a 12-hour shift schedule; including working in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor industry and GLOBALFOUNDRIES protocol/requirements. Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment throughout a 12 hour day (excluding breaks). Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues. Able to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Knowledge of 300mm semiconductor equipment
- Strong â€hands onâ€ technical skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented team player with excellent communication skills
- Able to operate computer and system interface programs to ensure appropriate computing and analysis of production information
- Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation; demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, train new team members as needed and other duties as assigned; able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities
- Proficiency with software applications: Microsoft Office, Google Suite
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems
- Equipment or process maintenance experience in semi-conductor manufacturing
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.