Acacia Network Substance Abuse Counselor Transitional Housing( Manhattan) in New York, New York
Substance Abuse Counselor Transitional Housing( Manhattan) New York, NY : 3/17/2023
The Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) provides alcoholism and substance abuse counseling services at designed shelter location(s). The CASAC utilizes holistic comprehensive assessment techniques to determine appropriate treatment needs and levels of care for clients. This includes performing diagnostic assessment, evaluation, intervention, referral, and alcoholism and/or substance abuse counseling in both individual and group settings when deemed appropriate. Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team in the provision of client care. The salary is $65K/Year
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Works within the shelter system to engage the client population in receiving substance abuse education, prevention, and treatment services.
· Educates clients on 'stages of change' and meets clients where they are at in the process.
· Educates client on different levels of SUD treatment modalities including inpatient, outpatient, detox, rehab, short/long term care, prevention, and harm reduction care.
· Introduces clients to Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT).
· Completes comprehensive clinical assessments for all client encounters.
· Assist clients in the admission process that is deemed appropriate for their level of treatment services.
· Engages client in creating a Recovery Plan and/or Safety Plan to reduce high risk drug.
· Educates clients on client obligations, client rights and services.
· Documents all individual, groups, and/or crisis interventions counseling plus any other significant contact in the client's clinical record.
· Documents techniques used during individual counseling sessions and group therapy to address behaviors, attitudes, and feelings.
· Provides ongoing direct services to clients, helping them with adjustments problems, referrals, substance abuse counseling, etc.
· Facilitate educational groups, workshops and events on SUD, MAT alternatives, Harm Reduction, and the use of Narcan.
· Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team and maintains ongoing cooperative relationship with other disciplines to assure quality client services.
· Provides in-community services as specified by OASAS regulations.
· Maintain and updates referral service and resources that may be useful to this client population.
· Participates in clinical supervision as schedule.
· Completes daily progress notes and encounters.
· Monitors and tracks clients through identified database.
· Inputs client information in required database.
· High School Diploma required. Associate/Bachelor Degree preferred
· Valid unrestricted OASAS certification as a CASAC. (No CASAC-T)
· Must have specific training in chemical use, abuse, and dependence specific to the services provided.
· Obtain within thirty days of hire:
o Supporting Recovery with Medications Addictions Treatment (MAT)
o Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment
o CASAC Canon of Ethics (6 hours)
o Confidentiality related to 42CFR (3 Hours)
o Mandated reporter (2 hours)
· 3+ years' experience in OASAS program.
· Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills.
· Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment.
· Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure.
Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer