Northwell Health Support Service Associate - Emergency Department PD, shift variable in New York, New York
Req Number 9097
Provides safe, courteous escort service for patients between the Emergency Department (ED) and other departments. Performs various patient care activities and related services necessary in caring for the comfort and safety of patients of all ages. Works under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and performs duties as delegated.
- Responds rapidly to requests from ED staff and/or patients.
- Lifts and assists patients on/off wheelchairs and stretchers
- Calms, reassures and comforts patients during patient contact
- Transports or accompanies patients to/from Emergency Department, patient care units, and various other hospital departments.
- Reports any safety and/or patient care issues to appropriate clinician.
- Provides messenger services, as required.Delivers supply/equipment requests to appropriate department and obtains needed items.Delivers patient specimens to appropriate laboratory.
- Assists in checking and re-stocking ED supplies and maintaining storerooms, as needed.Identifies and orders supplies to be re-ordered.Identifies outside special orders and assists Head Nurse in placing orders.
- Assists in tracking location of ED equipment within department, as well as throughout hospital.Assists in locating and returning equipment to Emergency Medical Service personnel, as required.
- Checks ED equipment and ensures readiness for patient care.Reports and follows up on malfunctioning equipment according to established policies and procedures.
- Assists in maintenance of patient care areas and changing of stretcher linens.
Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Minimum of one (1) year experience in a hospital or healthcare setting, required. Experience in emergency services, preferred.
Knowledge of medical terminology, required.
Ability to speak, read, write and follow verbal and written instructions in English, required.
- Northwell Health Jobs