The Door- A Center of Alternatives Temporary Benefits Assistant in New York, New York
Working in a shared service environment, the Administration department works with The Door, Broome Street Academy, and University Settlement, three independent 501c3’s that share leadership and administrative/back-office functions. University Settlement (www.universitysettlement.org), The Door (www.door.org), and Broome Street Academy (www.broomestreetacademy.org) are affiliated New York City nonprofits that tackle the complex issues surrounding poverty for over 50,000 New Yorkers each year.
As the Temporary Benefits Assistant, you are the hub of virtually all of our HR business and is instrumental in providing support to the department as well as to employees of University Settlement, its affiliate, The Door, the city’s premier youth development agency, and Broome Street Academy Charter High School. If you like a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple moving parts then this is the place! You are detail-oriented, possesses strong time-management skills, and can effectively prioritize multiple tasks and projects. This position requires a significant amount of data entry, creation of short instructional videos for the Benefits resource library, electronic filing, and email management. This is a fast-paced environment and work will be conducted remotely for the first 30 to 60 days.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Enter, update and maintain employee benefits data in HRIS – ADP Workforce Now
- Work closely with Benefits Assistant and Benefits Manager to implement and coordinate new hire benefit orientations materials, such as create and develop new-hire document templates, update and improve new hire self-service functions in ADP
- Coordinating with the Marketing team to update branding on all materials and reformat employee benefits portal
- Provide backup support to benefits team with enrollment compliance, audit preparation and employee ADP benefits portal
- Be the first point of contact for employees from three organizations and provide proactive customer service
What We Are Looking For:
- You have experience working with ADP software. You are conscientious, especially with data entry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have 1+ years experience working in a Human Resources or a function handling confidential information
- You have 1+ years of administrative support experience in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- You thrive in a busy environment and able to shift gears when needed.
- Must be professional and client-focused, yet can exercise sound judgment when prioritizing tasks
- You are technologically savvy with fluency with Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Hours: 35 hours per week; This position is for 1-2 months.
Salary: $20-24 per hour
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to