HeartShare DSP/Sr. AMAP in New York
- A valid New York State driver's license
- Must be AMAP certified - 1 year preferred
Have at least 1 year of experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities
Implement individuals' plans, consistent with their specific services, goals and outcomes. Participate in the planning and implementation of activities, both at the program and in the community, that address these goals and outcomes.
- Promote choice and self-determination to support individuals to direct the course of their own lives. Ensure that services and goals reflect what the individuals want for themselves.
- Actively engage individuals in skills development, socialization and task participation across all settings. Ensure that supports are provided with consideration for each person's individualized needs and routines.
- Promote and support the inclusion of individuals in their community according to their unique needs, interests, and desires. Model and encourage interaction between individuals and community members. Foster individuals' personal growth by assisting in forming and maintaining friendships with neighbors, co-workers and peers.
- Actively engage in all program services such as toileting, showering, behavioral interventions, community inclusion, emergencies, meal prep, physical plant cleanliness, etc. as needed and required.
- Assist in maintaining positive communications with family members, advocates, and service providers as per program needs.
- Document necessary information and data in areas such as medical, behavioral, individualized services, goals and outcomes, fire safety, community inclusion, communication books, etc., ensuring their accuracy and completeness.
Remain sensitive, respectful and responsive to cultural differences of all individuals, program staff, and the surrounding community.
Minimum of high school diploma or GED. Some college experience preferred.
- One or more year's experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Must be able to work Weekends and Overnights
- Driver's License preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written abilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled