Quest Diagnostics Inc Hospital Lab Supervisor - 1st Shift - Nyack, NY req50474 in Nyack, New York
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we're creating the lab of the future - an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Hospital Lab Supervisor - 1st Shift - Nyack, NY req50474
Hospital Lab Supervisor - Nyack, NY - Monday to Friday from 7 am to 3:30 pm, rotating nights and weekends as needed
Hematology, Coagulation & Urinalysis
Responsible for the scheduling and supervision of the non-exempt lab personnel on multiple shifts. Accountable for quantity and quality of specimens handled and test results.
1. Oversees staff and activities of the department, distributes/assigns work; determines priorities; schedules non-routine procedures; performs personnel related functions (hiring, firing, discipline, training, etc.).
2. Performs advanced/specialized tests and other related laboratory techniques. May duplicate work of others to confirm test results. Re-evaluates methodology, makes recommended changes and assists in test interpretation. Determines if further testing should be done on samples or if test should be repeated.
3. Checks/approves all specialized and problem reports for accuracy.
4. Initiates quality-control measures and monitors quality of work for adherence to laboratory standards.
5. Performs duties of technologist as necessitated by absence or peak workload.
6. Completes special projects as requested, e. g., surveys, statistical reports, studies, research, etc.
Education: BS MT preferred Work Experience: 5+ years Other: Experience in a laboratory environment.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. / Citizenship.
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.