Kiewit Corporation Superintendent - Mechanical - Jett Industries in Oneonta, New York
Requisition ID: 118741
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Mechanical Superintendent in Eastern District you will supervise Water/Wastewater construction projects. In this role your responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: Perform daily inspections of work for Safety, Quality and Productivity --. Assure proper planning and communication is happening for all operations that you oversee. Identify and solve problems that arise. Establish budgetary guidelines for the job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed. Provide job safety training and awareness for all personnel. Establish quality standards of all jobs, and ensure that all quality assurance and company standards are being met. Develop and manage job schedules (e.g. three week, 90 day, man loading), coordinate work with other crafts, departments, contractors and suppliers.
Kiewit’s Eastern District specializes in challenging heavy civil construction projects throughout the Northeast, including the metropolitan areas of New York, Chicago, Boston, and Washington DC. We are leaders in bridge, transit, foundation, tunnel, and water/wastewater construction while specializing in cast-in-place concrete, structural steel erection, earthwork, pile driving, and caissons. Kiewit’s Eastern District also has a large amount of work in the energy/power sector in various northeast locations. With our experienced and dedicated employees, extensive resources and in-depth market knowledge, the Eastern District can handle projects of any size.
This position would require physical relocation to the upstate NY area. This would not be a turnaround or have a per diem associated with it as you'll be full-time based out of our Colliersville NY office.
• Mentor and help to grow Jr. Superintendents
• Oversee all self-performed mechanical work primarily on water/wastewater plant projects.
• Review and approve the balance of Foremen, journeymen and laborer’s composite labor rates
• Manage contract administration (subcontractor/field management meeting for communication)
• Develop a program to maintain good client relations involving staff on site
• Initiate and attend supplementary and regular meeting with client for problem resolution and planning
• Oversee and approve the monthly job cost updates and quarterly cash flow projections
• Review, approve and negotiate change orders
• Develop and implement a plan for project completion and turnover
• Maintain daily diary for record keeping purposes
• Recommend, where appropriate, organizational, policy and procedural or staff changes
• Review and approve or reject promotions up to General Foremen.
• At least eight (8) years’ experience in the Industrial construction industry (preferably in Water/Wastewater), with at least five (5) years in a supervisory role.
• Extensive knowledge/experience in piping and mechanical systems is required
• Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines-, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, document control, engineering drawings and other documents, field estimates, subcontracting and procurement, and contract administration.
• Experience managing 2-3 crews (3-15 craft employees) at one time
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate performance.
• Broad understanding of piping/mechanical systems
• Prepared to attend meetings with as needed
• Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent motivational skills with the ability to motivate and manage crews.
• Adapt to new surroundings and new people
• Must be able to access all points of a construction site
• Must be able to work with a team and provide input
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with the use of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and general file management.
• Willing to travel and relocate on an as needed basis; nationwide
• Ability to work in a fast paced construction environment
• Able to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
• Able to legally and physically drive a pickup/vehicle
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Access the work by walking, possibly up and down and ladders and earthen slopes
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs