Northwell Health Environmental Svcs Aide (PV) in Plainview, New York
Req Number 61409
Performs cleaning duties as well as other tasks performed by the Environmental Services Department. Adheres to NS-LIJHS/departmental policies and procedures and JCAHO/regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs all cleaning functions following established procedures in a timely fashion.
- Uses properly labeled cleaning supplies for each job as instructed.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good condition, uses supplies economically.
- Cleans beds, blinds, ceilings, light fixtures, sinks, toilets, bathtubs, showers, walls, windows, wall tiles, ceiling & wall vents, televisions, etc following established procedures.
- Washes and hangs draperies and cubicle curtains.
- Washes and polishes furniture and metal.
- Sweeps walkways and outside perimeter of facility (where currently applicable).
- Sweeps, mops, strips, scrubs, vacuums, and buffs floors.
- Replenishes liquid soap, paper towels and toilet tissue.
- Moves furniture from one area in facility to another (where currently applicable).May be asked to move furniture to outside storage facility.Distributes clean linen carts.Picks up soiled linen and delivers to linen department.
- Collects garbage, cleans and relines trash receptacles with plastic liners.
- Transports garbage to designated area and disposes noninfectious waste appropriately.
- Deposits Red Bags-Infectious Waste, in holding cart in cautious manner.
- Transports Red-Bag garbage to Sani-Pak area and inserts into Sani-Pak.Operates Sani-Pak receptacle.
- Moves all furniture and replaces same after carpet installations, in preparation to strip, seal or wax floors or when a department is relocating (where currently applicable).
- Moves all of the aforementioned as necessary for the smooth and efficient flow of any required work to be performed and replaces same.
- Sets up and breaks down tables, chairs, lecture podiums, etc. according to specifications.
- Removes trash before setting up next function/meeting
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
Minimum of one year (1) experience in an industrial or hospital setting, preferred.
Communicate effectively in English (speaking and reading).
Demonstrated competency in the use of all types of buffing and scrubbing machines, vacuum cleaners and extractor machines. Demonstrated competency in the use of Sani-Pak and cardboard baling machine.
Must be able to lift/carry 15 pounds.
Must be able to ambulate, up and down stairs and bend at knees repeatedly during shift in the performance of cleaning duties.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $21.02-$22.22/hour
It is Northwell Health’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all applicants and employees equally regardless of their age, race, creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital or familial status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
- Northwell Health Jobs