Spencer ARL Material Handler in Plattsburgh, New York
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Provide Material Handling Services to the Sub-Assembly and 3PL operation.
- Ensures all Health and Safety rules are observed.
- Performs maintenance duties, such as battery and/or propane changes, as required.
- Performs receiving of all material for the warehouse.
- Utilizes handheld scanner to perform inventory transactions.
- Obtains manifest for incoming material from truck driver.
- Checks all incoming material against manifest as unloading.
- Documents and Reports any receiving discrepancies.
- Loads incoming material into the warehouse.
- Locates and loads material as required.
- Performs material handling duties for warehouse operations.
- Unloads material as required in Sub-Assembly workstations.
- Moves completed sub-assemblies from workstation to shipping staging area.
- Ensures quality records are properly recorded and submitted.
- Actively performs housekeeping tasks to ensure clean and healthy environment.
- Participates in corrective action (using problem resolution process) activities, where required.
- Recommends improvement suggestions.
- As assigned by Team Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lift weights up to 40lbs