Health Quest Systems, Inc. Patient Care Technician - VBMC - Full Time - Evening in Poughkeepsie, New York
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Performs patient care activities and non-professional services. These include addressing the personal, physical and emotional needs of the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, or geriatric patient and family. Practice must be consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the Nursing Department and Medical Center administration. Population served based on scope of services in the department.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Current NYS Certified Nurse Aide Training certificate or have successfully completed the first clinical rotation at an accredited school of nursing.
• AHA BLS provider certification course required
• Three (3) to six (6) months of CNA or PCT experience preferred
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
• General knowledge of high school subject matter including sciences, simple medical procedures / terminology, and office equipment.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
• Current NYS C.N.A. certification or completion of first clinical rotation at an accredited school of nursing
• BLS certification is required 90 days’ from date of hire
Requisition #: 28529
Primary Shift: Evening
Hours Per Week: 40.00
External Company Name: Health Quest Systems, Inc.
External Company URL: www.health-quest.org
Street: 45 Reade Place