Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Field Risk Training and Communication Associate in Purchase, New York
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Wealth Management (WM) Field Risk Supervisory Practices Group is responsible for developing and enhancing supervisory alerts and controls that cover the WM Field organization. Furthermore, the WM Field Risk Chief Operating Officer (COO) group is responsible for the delivery of all training and communications to Field Risk Officers.
WM Field Risk is seeking to hire an Associate to join the WM Field Risk COO group and provide coverage for Training & Communications, as well as, support various other tactical and strategic initiatives. This candidate will report directly into the WM Field Risk COO and will be involved in creating, enhancing, and implementing high-impact, high-visibility solutions across the WM Field organization.
The role will involve working and coordinating with other departments and groups across WM, such as: Field Risk Officers, Field Management, Field Service, Field Compliance, Legal, Technology and Operations, among others. The role's primary responsibilities will include, among others:
- Coordinate end-to-end training process for new or enhanced supervisory controls (e.g., gather requirements, coordinate sessions, draft materials, conduct training, etc.)
- Prepare and disseminate communications materials for various audiences across the WM Field organization
- Create and develop project plans and timelines for training and other strategic projects
- Manage the WM Field Risk website, and all the content stored therein, to include policies and procedures
- Maintain and update training manuals and other documentation on a regular basis
- Perform data analysis to support training endeavors and overall risk strategy
- Develop and present proposals on new initiatives for senior management
- Execute and enhance routine risk governance reporting for various audiences
- Analyze supervisory reporting and metrics to identify key issue drivers and develop proposals for potential solutions
Provide direct support to other Field Risk COO colleagues and projects
BA or BS degree and experience in Finance is required
- Four years or more of financial services experience, previous Morgan Stanley Wealth Management experience a plus
- Prior project management skills with the ability to work independently (candidate should be self-motivated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills)
- Strong knowledge of products and markets, particularly around retail brokerage or investment advisory programs, trade support and/or capital markets
- Ability to work in a small team environment, build and maintain a network of contacts and coordinate with a large number of stakeholders
- Solid interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, are required
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work well with colleagues across a diverse range of working groups in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau, Microsoft Office suite, emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint
- Extremely strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability and willingness to voice ideas, in addition to following instructions
- Self-starter and attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Experience with data analysis, including the collection of data from various sources, synthesis of information and making recommendations preferred
Job: *Wealth Management
Title: Wealth Management Field Risk Training and Communication Associate
Location: New York-Purchase
Requisition ID: 3189667