Volunteers of America-Greater New York, Inc. CCW/Residential Aide (JNSP643) in Queens, New York
CCW/Residential Aide (JNSP643)
Queens, NY, USA Req #641
Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is the local affiliate of the national organization, Volunteers of America, Inc. and is one of the largest providers of human services in the metropolitan New York area. Founded in New York City in 1896 as a charity staffed by volunteers tending to the city's poor, today VOA-Greater New York has 1,300 paid staff that provide life-changing, often life-saving services through 80 programs in New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-Greater New York services extend to survivors of domestic violence; individuals and families - including veterans - experiencing, or at risk of homelessness; people living with HIV/ AIDS, behavioral health, and substance use issues; adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities; preschoolers with developmental delays; older adults on limited incomes, many with a history of homelessness; and at-risk youth.
VOA-Greater New York expands, and introduces new services in response to community needs. As such, it is at the forefront of building affordable, supportive housing for seniors; providing a service-rich continuum of care for formerly homeless veterans; and expanding its services for those recovering from domestic violence. Battle Buddy Bridge®, a peer counseling program for veterans, and the work VOA-Greater New York is doing to raise awareness of the impact of Moral Injury, are examples of the organization's responsiveness, creativity and life-altering work.
Many of VOA-Greater New York's programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC. Operation Backpack® is the organization's signature community service campaign that ensures every student who calls a NYC shelter "home" has a new backpack full of supplies in time for the first day of school.
As part of the Operations Team within the program and following agency procedures,functioning as a key member of the service delivery team, the Residential Aide meets the needs of the program clients and promotes client participation in services leading to successful graduation to independent living. Residential Aides perform a wide variety of tasks including overseeing program operations, protecting client rights, promoting client and co-worker safety, transporting clients as needed and ensuring client adherence to rules and program activities.
Associate's degree and one year of relevant experience with a similar population or a high school degree or GED with at least two years of relevant experience. Valid NYS Driver's License is required and is compliant with the Agency's Vehicle Operations Policy.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
1. Supervise client participation in daily program activities, monitor observance of client's rights and client adherence to program rules and routines. Escort clients to appointments, manage bed assignments, collect census data, distribute client linens and supplies.
2. Maintain knowledge of service models. Communicate with case management staff and perform assigned tasks related to model service delivery.
3. Make scheduled rounds of assigned areas to safeguard clients and property and promote appropriate behavior. Provide emergency response including crisis management, first aid, CPR and fire response as needed.
4. Report any instances of violations of client rights, incidents involving clients' non-compliance of rules and regulations and any criminal activity promptly to the supervisor. Complete Incident Reports as outlined by the Program Manual and Funder guidelines.
5. Drive agency vehicles to transport clients, staff and materials, if assigned.
6. Perform related tasks as needed.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Job Start Date Tuesday, April 7, 2020
- Queens, NY, USA