AMETEK, Inc. Assembler/Operator in Rochester, New York
Job ID: 21069
Functional Area: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Hours of Work:
Location: US - New York - Rochester
Division: AHV - Power Systems & Instruments
Education Required: High School Diploma
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
Assembles electronic components, subassemblies and/or products. May conduct a variety of relatively simple and repetitive electronic, mechanical, and electromechanical tests on electronic systems, subassemblies, and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications or to determine cause of unit failure. May operate and maintain automated insertion equipment by performing the following duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assembly of small or medium sized parts, fitting and /or adjustment of interrelated parts and/or assembly, adjustment and repair of subassemblies and major assemblies.
• May involve mechanical, optical and electrical/electronic operations. Requires use of wide range of hand and power tools, electrical or mechanical fixtures and gauges, standard measuring devices such as dial indicators, micrometers or voltmeters, drills, jigs, fixtures and light materials.
• Responsible for inspection and/or testing of own work and work of others.
• Ability to read and understand test schedule, work orders, test manuals, specifications, wiring diagrams, schematics, and test procedures.
• Ability to operate and maintenance automated insertion equipment (T/Hole/SMT).
• Job complexity ranges from simple, highly repetitive tasks to fairly repetitive but difficult tasks as incumbent's experience increases.
• Must follow safety policy and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); proficiency generally gained in six months to one year with related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.