Episcopal SeniorLife Communities Foundation Operations Manager in ROCHESTER, New York
Foundation Operations Manager
ROCHESTER, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=505+MOUNT+HOPE+AVENUE+ROCHESTER+NY+14620) •Episcopal SeniorLife Communities
JOB SUMMARY:The Foundation Operations Manager is responsible for database utilization, prospect research, fundraising communications, reporting, and systems. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the manager coordinates the back-of -house operations of the ESLC Foundation to advance the Foundation’s goals in an ethical manner. This individual reports to the Executive Director of the ESLC Foundation.
• Manages the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) to increase functionality and enhance fundraising capabilities. Oversees donor management system content, prospect management, and donor and prospect reporting.
• Collaboratively contributes to donor and prospect strategy development.
• Utilizes effective methods for identifying and qualifying prospective donors, and then researches existing donors for increased engagement and successful moves management.
• Works closely with Community Engagement Department to ensure successful direct mail, email, and online fundraising initiatives.
• Recommends, develops, and implements policies, procedures, best practices and processes and monitors compliance of those best practices.
• Serves as a trainer for database best practices to other members of the Foundation team, ESLC senior leadership and volunteers.
• Interacts with donors, prospective donors and volunteer leadership with diplomacy and discretion and handles confidential information while adhering to industry standards and best practices.
POSITION REPORTS TO:Executive Director of the Foundation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Designs and implements a donor moves management strategy
• Facilities prospect research and generates creates profiles
• Ensures timely processing and receipting of gifts in coordination with the Finance Department
• Generates reports tracking foundation performance and activity
• Conceptualizes and coordinates direct mail and digital fundraising appeals as part of a broader annual giving and donor engagement strategy
• Provides Raiser’s Edge support and training to other members of the Foundation team
• Works alongside, Executive Director and volunteer leadership in the gift solicitation strategy development and process
• Develops and maintain the foundation policies and procedures, and best practices relating to the donor database, gift processing, prospecting and moves management.
• Supports donor stewardship efforts
ESLC Core Values
Compassion- We seek to be sensitive to each other’s needs
Dedication- We are focused on caring for seniors and their families
Friendliness- We are open and inviting to all residents’ families, staff and visitors
Innovation- We embrace new ideas and think in terms of the future
Respect- We are always considerate of others
ESLC Core Competencies
Communication- Communicates information honestly, accurately, and timely with employees, peers, manager & senior leaders. Empowered to respectfully and fearlessly raise issues that may otherwise compromise our values
Collaboration- Works with others productively and efficiently towards and outcome allowing team members to come together on a common goal through sharing ideas and discussions
Accountability- Willingness to be answerable for actions, accept responsibility and deliver on commitments
• Rigorous attention to detail
• Broad knowledge of fundraising principals and tactics
• Technically minded person who has an in-depth knowledge of Raisers Edge and other Blackbaud products
• Exceptional written communications skills
• Possess a high level of integrity and a strong work ethic and able to be discreet with confidential donor information
• Demonstrated capacity for collaboration
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of professional fundraising experience (healthcare or senior housing preferred)
• 5 + years of extensive work in Raiser’s Edge
• Annual fund strategy and content creation
• Proven track record of project management and process improvement
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires occasional walking and standing in and around the reception area, and lobby. Must be able to occasionally lift loads of 30 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of essential job duties are performed indoors, in a normal office environment. Being located at the main entrance of the building may expose the employee to drafts and temperature fluctuations.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP:The work is performed within established guidelines and requires periodic supervision. The employee exercises some initiative and independent judgment to effectively perform the essential job duties of this position.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR OTHERS:The employee has no direct responsibility for others. Will be required to assist in training all new relief and per diem receptionists.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:Shall be fully acquainted with all safety policies and procedures of the Valley Manor. Takes an active role in all fire drills during the shift and/or emergencies for internal and external disasters as monitored by supervisor and incident manager. Must comply with facility in-service requirements.