Barnes & Noble Maintenance Clerk - PT in Rochester, New York
Title: Maintenance Clerk - PT
Location: NY - Rochester - Greece - 2848
JobLocation: Rochester, New York 14626
JobSummary: To be a great maintenance clerk, you provide an excellent customer experience which is friendly, genuine, and professional. You always put the customers first ahead of everything and anything else, day in and day out, by providing and neat, tidy, safe and clean store. You make the shopping experience great by ensuring that it is always customer-ready and shoppable.
• Treat the customer as the first priority always, creating an atmosphere of friendly and genuine service.
• Perform and execute various tasks in a timely manner and efficiently to maintain a clean, safe, and presentable interior and exterior store.
• Identify and clean up hazardous conditions quickly to reduce the risk of potential accidents.
• Perform opening and closing cleaning responsibilities including but not limited to, dusting bookcases and furniture, cleaning café table bases, etc. to maintain and present a clean and tidy store.
• Perform light maintenance/facilities duties, including but not necessarily limited to painting, changing light bulbs, and changing ceiling tiles, etc.
• Maintain clean restrooms, monitoring them consistently and signing off on the maintenance log minimally hourly. on an hourly basis and completing the restroom maintenance log.
• Monitor and manage trash removal; develop a plan to ensure that the interruptions do not interfere with the daily routine.
• Recognize and offer to help both customers and employees with urgency and care.
• Model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Work on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing), and Café.
• Positive and can-do attitude.
• Enjoy working with people.
• Energized by working in an ever-changing environment.
• Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
• Strong attention to detail and demonstrate initiative.
• Treat customers as the first priority at all times.
• Flexible and is a team player.
• Accept responsibility and execute all assignments correctly and with care.
• Accept coaching and feedback from others openly.
EeoStatement: Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, religion, creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable law, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Barnes & Noble
- Barnes & Noble Jobs