Crosstex International, Inc. Production Supervisor 1st Shift in Rochester, New York
About the role
Provide leadership to direct employees to produce the highest possible quality product in the most efficient and cost-effective way. Make sure all materials are available as needed and all equipment is operating properly and safely. Provide communication between departments to facilitate smooth and orderly flow of material product.
What you will do
- Supervise production employees. Train employees on Continuous Improvement Process, 6S, Visual Management, Standard Work, Lean Metrics, and Kaizen.
- Plan production workload and see that it is performed in a timely manner meeting customer/schedule demands with minimum overtime.
- Train and direct employees to assure safe operation of equipment and procedure guidelines are met using standard work.
- Initiate and follow up on maintenance to keep relative down time to a minimum.
- Maintain proper lot traceability to ensure accurate inventory levels.
- Determine, track, and communicate key performance indicators (Ex: Cost, Quality, Delivery, Safety) to employees a timely manner.
- Use key performance measures to find a better way of doing things through Kaizen and other Lean tools.
- Work with other functional groups to continuously improve in the area of cost, quality, delivery GMP compliance and safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform hiring, coaching, discipline, and performance reviews with employees.
- Ability to comprehend SOP's and cGMP's.
- Communicate, adhere, and enforce company policies and procedures.
What we are looking for
- High school education or equivalent and 5-7 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting. Associates' degree preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Bi-lingual in Spanish, preferred.
- Proven history of successful goal setting, achievement, and employee management.
- Proven success with efficient production line organization and output improvement.
- Ability to motivate and lead a diverse work force to achieve desired results and improvement.
- Able to prioritize daily, weekly, and monthly responsibilities.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities through time management and planning skills.
- Schedule flexibility to support multiple shifts during weekdays and weekends.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office and computer skills. \#CB
Who we are
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. We are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that help our customers improve patient care. Choosing a career with Cantel means joining a company that's driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and the passion to shape the future of infection prevention. If you want to be inspired by your work and have a hand in shaping the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Come and see why people love working here.
Cantel is a leading global company dedicated to delivering innovative infection prevention products and services for patients, caregivers, and other healthcare providers which improve outcomes, enhance safety and help save lives. Our products include specialized medical device reprocessing systems for endoscopy and renal dialysis, advanced water purification equipment, sterilants, disinfectants and cleaners, sterility assurance monitoring products for hospitals and dental clinics, disposable infection control products primarily for dental and GI endoscopy markets, dialysate concentrates, hollow fiber membrane filtration and separation products. Additionally, we provide technical service for our products. Cantel is comprised of three divisions: Medical, Life Sciences and Dental