Crosstex International, Inc. Production Supervisor in Rochester, New York
Who we are
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. As a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that improve outcomes and help save lives. We accomplish this mission by delivering our products through the following operating units:
Medical : Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes.
Life Sciences : Water purification systems for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers, delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products.
Dental: Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market (face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants).
Cantel employees are inspired to improve the lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are looking for a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to shape the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join us and see why people love working here.
About the role
Provide leadership to direct employees to produce the highest possible quality product in the most efficient and cost-effective way. Make sure all materials are available as needed and all equipment is operating properly and safely. Provide communication between departments to facilitate smooth and orderly flow of material product. #CB
What you will do
- Supervise production employees. Train employees on Continuous Improvement Process, 6S, Visual Management, Standard Work, Lean Metrics, and Kaizen.
- Plan production workload and see that it is performed in a timely manner meeting customer/schedule demands with minimum overtime.
- Train and direct employees to assure safe operation of equipment and procedure guidelines are met using standard work.
- Initiate and follow up on maintenance to keep relative down time to a minimum.
- Maintain proper lot traceability to ensure accurate inventory levels.
- Determine, track, and communicate key performance indicators (Ex: Cost, Quality, Delivery, Safety) to employees a timely manner.
- Use key performance measures to find a better way of doing things through Kaizen and other Lean tools.
- Work with other functional groups to continuously improve in the area of cost, quality, delivery GMP compliance and safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform hiring, coaching, discipline, and performance reviews with employees.
- Ability to comprehend SOP's and cGMP's.
- Communicate, adhere, and enforce company policies and procedures.
What we are looking for
- High school education or equivalent and 5-7 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting. Associates' degree preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Bi-lingual in Spanish, preferred.
- Proven history of successful goal setting, achievement, and employee management.
- Proven success with efficient production line organization and output improvement.
- Ability to motivate and lead a diverse work force to achieve desired results and improvement.
- Able to prioritize daily, weekly, and monthly responsibilities.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities through time management and planning skills.
- Schedule flexibility to support multiple shifts during weekdays and weekends.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office and computer skills.