Friendly Senior Living Social Worker, Full Time (40 hours) in Rochester, New York
Social Worker, Full Time (40 hours)
Rochester, NY•Social Work/Admissions
The Friendly Home in Rochester NY is seeking afull time, 40 hours per week Social Workerto join our Social Work Department. The Social Worker assists the Director of Admissions & Social Work in planning and carrying out Social Work programs for Members and families in our Transitional Care Center.
Why Join The Friendly Home Team?
The Friendly Home is truly a leader in providing quality nursing and rehabilitative care to older adults in Rochester, NY.
In 2018 we were recognized as a Top-Performing Nursing Home by the NYS Dept. of Health. The Friendly Home is 1 of 3 nursing homes in Monroe County to receive this honor!
Our excellence is based upon the dedication of ALL our employees, who take great pride in providing compassionate care and services to our Members.
We LOVE to recognize our employees and acknowledge their integral role in successfully caring out our mission!
What will I do as a Social Worker with The Friendly Home?
• Conducts interviews with Members, families and/or staff for purposes of MDS completion. Documents in the electronic medical records.
• Assists in developing Patient Care Plans. Completes care plan in the electronic medical record.
• Assesses Members' personal, financial and social needs.
• Interprets the care plan to Members and families.
• Records progress notes in electronic medical record concerning services rendered in relation to a Member's personal and social problems and/or needs.
• Assists in discharge planning under the supervision of the Director of Social Work. Coordinates community based services and/or transfer requirements to another facility.
• Interprets the psycho-social functioning of Members to the interdisciplinary care team. Provides emotional support to Members and families.
• Assists in admission planning under the supervision of the Director of Social Work. Completes all required Admissions forms and authorizations.
• Utilizes community resources where appropriate.
• Keeps Director of Social Work informed of the emotional, social and/or financial status of Members.
• Assists Director of Social Work in planning programs which would enhance the social work department.
• Participates in In-Service Education and Safety Programs. May attend meetings and workshops to improve job skills.
• Coordinates family/staff conferences relating to Member care issues.
• Coordinates and participates in hospice evaluations and enrollments.
• Coordinates and assists with Member room transfers.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field required. MSW preferred.
Skills: Thorough knowledge of the case work process and care planning.
Knowledgeable in the area of gerontology; requires some experience with elderly population.
Familiar with Transitional Care operations and procedures.