Crosstex International, Inc. Sr Supervisor, Technical Operations in Rochester, New York
About the role
Provide leadership and technical expertise to both production employees and production supervisors. Utilize lean manufacturing tools and processes to drive manufacturing operations,
safety, continuous improvement/quality, productivity, and equipment sustainability to help ensure the highest possible quality product in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. Utilize planning tools to manage operations ensuring all materials are available as needed and all equipment is operating properly and safely. Provide communication between departments to facilitate smooth and orderly flow of materials, work in process and finished goods. #CB
What you will do
- Lead and coach production employees to continuously improve all manufacturing operations, processes, and procedures.
- Develop and execute vision and strategy for the entire value stream
- Drive problem solving and continuous improvement though coaching, cross functional leadership, data analysis and execution.
- Coordinates and communicates all production activities with procurement, maintenance, warehouse, and quality departments through active communication to achieve and sustain results.
- Train and lead employees and production supervisors on Continuous Improvement Process, 6S, Visual Management, Standard Work, Lean Metrics, and Kaizen.
- Plan production workload and ensure objectives are met/exceeded in a timely manner meeting customer/schedule demands with minimum overtime.
- Train and direct employees to assure safe operation of equipment and procedure guidelines are met using standard work.
- Trouble shoot equipment/processes, initiate maintenance work orders and closely monitor results and follow up activities to minimize machine downtime.
- Maintain proper lot traceability to ensure accurate inventory levels.
- Determine, track, and communicate key performance indicators (Ex: Cost, Quality, Delivery, Safety) to supervisors and production employees a timely manner.
- Use key performance measures, Kaizen events and other Lean tools to continuously improve equipment, processes, and the work environment.
- Work with other functional groups to continuously improve in the area of cost, quality, delivery GMP compliance and safety.
- Ability to assess, interview, coach, manage performance, and retain top talent.
- Ability to fully comprehend SOP's and GMP's to manage the business and train workforce.
- Communicate, adhere, and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for
- Bachelors degree in business or technical field and 5-7 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting. Masters' degree preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Bi-lingual in Spanish, preferred.
- Proven history of successful goal setting, achievement, and employee management.
- Proven success with efficient production line organization and output improvement through the use of lean manufacturing tools and processes.
- Ability to motivate and lead a diverse work force to achieve desired results and improvement.
- Able to prioritize daily, weekly, and monthly responsibilities.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities through time management and planning skills.
- Schedule flexibility to support multiple shifts during weekdays and weekends.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office and computer skills.
- Must be able to physically lift, push, pull or carry products weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Must be physically able to work in a standing position with repetitive movement of hands for eight to twelve hours.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, climb, twist and balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for close work, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Who we are
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. As a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that improve outcomes and help save lives. We accomplish this mission by delivering our products through the following operating units:
Medical : Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes.
Life Sciences : Water purification systems for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers, delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products.
Dental: Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market (face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants).
Cantel employees are inspired to improve the lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are looking for a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to shape the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join us and see why people love working here.