Yoh Services LLC Tool Maker Other Area(s) in Rochester, New York
Yoh has a contract opportunity, for a Tool Maker to join our client, in Rochester, NY.
Manufacturing and assembly of composite structures. Participate in Manufacturing Readiness Reviews to ensure hardware is read for manufacturing. Experience in the layup and cure of composite materials will distinguish one candidate from another. An ability to use laser trackers and/or portable coordinate measuring equipment is a plus.
This position will be responsible for the fabrication and assembly of composite components, including layup and cure of composite components, conventional machining of those components, adhesive bonding, and final integration activities. Components and assemblies will be fabricated for use in Space, Airborne and Ground based systems.
* Execute the fabrication and assembly of composite components per manufacturing instructions developed by manufacturing engineering.
* View model files for the hardware to be fabricated or assembled using mechanical design software including Pro/E, Productview, CreoView, or Solidworks.
* Develop and fabricate shop-aid support tooling to assist in fabrication of the assembly.
* Complete assigned projects on time; adhering to engineering requirements.
* Contribute as part of a team to develop lean processes and innovative manufacturing approaches.
* Execute the build of prime hardware to a shop floor schedule and provide status to supervision on a daily basis.
Qualifications: (refer to http://my.harris.com/careerframework)
* HS Diploma
* 3 - 5 years of experience in an assembly environment.
* Capable of using PC's with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc).
* Have a working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
Preferred Additional Skills:
* A degree from an accredited institution (community college, technical institute, etc)
* A background in composite materials is desired.
* Experience in an aerospace environment is desired.
* Experience in the layup and cure of composite components is desired. Experience in the manufacturing of items requiring the development and assembly items using fabric type materials (such as clothing manufacture, etc) will be considered.
* Working knowledge of inspection equipment (such as laser trackers or portable arm coordinate measuring machines) and software (such as VeriSurf) is desired.
Recruiter: LaRee Meade / firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.