thyssenkrupp Logistics Inc Truck Driver - ROC Local in Rochester, New York
Summary of Position:
Provide timely delivery of product to our customers. Represent thyssenkrupp Materials, NA in a positive manner by providing customers with quick, precise, helpful, courteous and professional delivery service. Ensure truck is in proper working order. Perform various duties as required.
- Radio Frequency Gun usage
- Verify that correct items are loaded on the truck for delivery.
- Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure.
- Assist in loading and unloading of trucks. Ensure truck is properly secured and not overweight.
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor elements.
- Deliver product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner.
- Ensure that any debris caused by the loading/unloading of truck is cleaned up.
- Maintain trucks overall service and perform required inspections.
- Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
- Operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Collect any COD money owed and ensure that money is given to the proper personnel upon return to the plant.
- Provide feedback to supervision regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems on returned proof of delivery sheets (load sheet)
- Assist in activities related to lean and/or quality.
- Train others when required.
- Meets TKMNA Employee Attributes/Competencies
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- CDL class A
- Flat bed truck driving experience
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds on a continuous basis
- 3-5 years driving experience
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.Materials Services- With 480 branches in 40 countries the Business Area Materials Services concentrates on the worldwide trade of raw material and construction material. Coal, metals, gases, plastics in all shapes, qualities and dimensions as well as complex supply-chain solutions- this is for what this Business Area stands for.
Copper and Brass Sales is a distributor and processor of aluminum, stainless steel, copper, brass, bronze and more quality materials serving markets across North America, including Canada and Mexico. By providing customers what they want, when they need it, Copper and Brass Sales is able to help them succeed in today's challenging global business environment. The company's focus on the Aerospace, Automotive, Electrical, Medical and Oil & Gas Industries allows them to offer these market segments expertise specific to their needs. The daily commitment of its employees to provide premium service focused on the customer first has earned Copper and Brass Sales the position of a respected leader in the nonferrous metals industry for over 80 years.Business Area Materials Services
As the lead company of the Materials Services business area, we are successful global materials distributor. 500 branches in 44 countries ensure we have a global presence. We also provide a wide range of innovative services to manufacturing and processing companies. The production of stainless steels and high-performance materials rounds out our broad-based offering.At thyssenkrupp we have more than 155, 000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity