Polaris Healthcare Medical Social Worker in Rockland County, New York
Seeking an experienced social worker to work in Rockland, Orange and Dutchess County per diem. The ideal candidate should be comfortable helping patients adapt to their limitations and assisting families with important decisions about their loved ones in their homes.
Social Worker will need to travel to Rockland, Orange, and Dutchess county per diem.
Some job description:
· Evaluate existing, new and prospective based on their needs, desires and limitations
· Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies and in- house clinical guidelines
· Build rapport with residents/patients and their families and relay all concerns to supervisory case manager/clinical director
· Develop care plans for residents and provide therapeutic support as needed
· Work with multi-disciplinary team and patient to provide guidance on patient issues, community and financial resources specifically, familiarity with community resources and accessing community resources. Experience with processing Medicaid applications, NHDTW program, consumer directed program, APS, DSS, Office of Aging, NY Connects a plus. Ability to educate on advanced care planning to determine health care proxy and power of attorney.
· Must be independent worker with excellent critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
· Must have excellent follow up and follow through to connect individuals with resources
· Ability to carry caseload and perform job duties as described for an MSW.
· Assist in staff orientation as needed.
· May assist in arranging guest speakers and in-services for Social Work Dept.
· Assist with in-house presentations as needed
· Other duties as assigned.
Valid and Current LCSW and LMSW in New York State
Graduate of a school of social work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education with a Master degree
2+ years Clinical Social Work experience
Benefits : PTO package, health insurance, 401k, federal holidays (full time), vision, dental, life insurance as well as supplemental benefits offered.