The Heico Companies LLC Mechanical Engineer II in Rome, New York
This position is a member of the Engineering Department. The Mechanical Engineer 2 will report directly to a Project Team Leader.
- Design new products or re-design existing products. Interfacing with sales, and or customers to develop leading edge designs, cost effective manufacturing and excellent machine performance with oversight generally provided by Project Team Leader.
- Utilize the most current design techniques and tools.
- Designs and BOM's must be accurate. The standard is zero defect.
- Design projects must be done in a timely manner.
- Designs must be in compliance with all safety and ISO requirements.
- Design within the specifications for the product being mindful of cost, manufacturability, reliability and service requirements.
- Assist in commissioning and debug of products.
- Assure product is "as designed", proper revision control.
- Review/approve requests for changes, NCP's, RFD's, etc.
- Assure product meets specifications.
- Maintain a working knowledge of machine process and operation.
- Work in a team environment.
- Active participant in team meetings, design reviews, machine reviews, kick-off meetings.
- Interact with other departments, including Manufacturing, TSS, Sales and Purchasing.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 3 years' experience or 5 years relevant experience in machine design or industrial experience and proven performance.
**Skills & Relevant Work Experience**
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks proficiency preferred.
**Travel Requirements: up to 25%**