Custom Manufacturing Solutions Machinist in Schenectady, New York
Machinist Job Responsibilities:
• Operates and maintains lathe and milling machines.
• Reviews drawings, instructions, blueprints or samples to ensure accurate production.
• Takes precise measurements for cutting or shaping.
• Selects appropriate machine and settings for a given task.
• Plans proper sequence of tasks to complete the assignment.
• Checks output for quality assurance and documents or discards defects.
• Identifies need for and performs machine maintenance and minor repairs.
• Maintains a safe and clean workstation.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
• Excellent coordination and mechanical skills
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and safety
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in math
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive tasks
• Ability to use a fork lift
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• High school degree or equivalent
• Experience working with machine tools or mechanical assembly
• Working knowledge of safety protocols
• Apprenticeship or vocational training preferred