Aerotek Manufacturing Specialist in Schenectady, New York
The Scotia plant is responsible for the production of vinyl pool liners. They have machines that cut, form, adhere and fold the raw and finished goods.
The Scotia facility is a temperature controlled atmosphere and always stay at about 64-66 degrees because vinyl is very temperamental.
There are prep programed machines that work of of the blueprints to accurately cut each liner to shape and dimension. They also have machine that super heat the seams of each piece of vinyl and uses pressure to weld them together.
Primary Role: Responsible for the operation of assigned Machinery, this includes maintaining Cycle times, Parts removal, Parts finishing, Process control, Quality, Safety, Material flow and Housekeeping
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Take standard products and modify them into custom components to meet customer’s needs.
2) Use equipment like chop saws, table saws, routers, and trimmers to shape polymer components.
3) Read drawings to ensure products are being made to customer specifications.
4) Help in pulling standard products from inventory to be modified as needed using a forklift.
5) Maintain good material flow of raw materials and finished goods at machine
6) Maintain a clean and safe work area.
7) Maintain minimum cycle times while maintaining good quality products
8) Maintain proficiency in all cross-training functions 9) Perform other work as assigned by supervisor
Schedule: Monday - Friday 3:30pm - 2:30am and every other Saturday
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: $18.67 Hourly with OT
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs