ITT Industries Holdings, Inc. Machinist - 2nd Shift in Seneca Falls, New York
Position: Machinist (Union Pay and Benefits) Monday - Friday OT as neededEducation: High School Diploma / GED requiredRequirements: 3-5 years' experience working with machining equipment required, must be able to read blue prints and use standard metrology equipment including mics, calipers, gages etc. Benefits: Union benefits including medical, dental, paid vacation etc.
- Set up and operate manual and CNC milling machines, drills, lathes, grinders and various other shop equipment
- Assure all machined parts in-house and incoming are at the highest level of quality and accuracy.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Monitor quality and workmanship.
- Verify accuracy on prints, verify any revisions on prints.
- Tool inventory/management
- Department organization and machine maintenance.
- Inform supervisor/ Engineer of any questions or problems regarding product/ department error.
- Participate in minimizing scrap levels.
- Suggest possible improvements to provide a higher quality product.
- Support process improvements, communicate thoughts of improvement.
- Look for any bottlenecks, suggest possible improvements.
- Be involved in all process Improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years' experience with CNC and manual milling machines, drills, lathes, grinders and various related items.
- Ability to read blue prints is required
- Ability to read measuring devices including mics, calipers, various gages etc. is required
- Must be able to perform basic troubleshooting of
- Good communication / people skills.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- High school diploma or GED required
- Participate in producing in high levels of quality at precise tolerances.
- Mechanical aptitude required