ITT Industries Holdings, Inc. Molder in Seneca Falls, New York
**Description**: Set up, operate, or tend molding equipment to make good quality molds for metal casting processes. May include pour off. Follow clearly prescribed standard practice in the operation of the system to insure top quality molds. Work under direction and follow clearly prescribed work practices. Refer unusual problems to supervisor. Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Measure and visually inspect products for surface and dimension defects to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- May observe continuous operation of automatic machines to ensure that products meet specifications and to detect malfunctions, making adjustments as necessary.
- Set up, operate, or tend sand molding equipment.
- Turn valves and dials of machines to regulate pressure, temperature, and speed and feed rates, and to set cycle times.
- Read specifications, methods, work instructions and work orders to determine setups, temperature, and time settings required to mold, form, or cast materials.
- Follow a defined schedule or priority order to maintain efficiency.
- May train new employees.
- May be required to operate industrial trucks (fork trucks, lift trucks, etc.)